Do you find joy in cleaning?

I know I must sound bonkers but i actually quite like it. Earphones in, music on, the world is dead to me lol

Just helps me focus on something else and keeps me busy. Plus it's productive ahah i'm going to end up cleaning one way or another..
Do you find joy in cleaning?

2225

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah, I'm a very neat person. That and, I highly doubt my 6 year old is gonna do the laundry, dishes, sweep, mop, clean the counters, take out the trash and keep it smelling good as needed, lol.

• Haha I doubt your 6 year old would do any of that too lol

Most Helpful Girl

• YAS YAS YAS OMG YAS mooky we're sisters. Get your butt over here to Canada. I love cleaning it calms me. And also makes my apartment smell good! <3 you go girl

• OMGGGG get your ass over here instead please LOOOL
      I think a clean living space and the fact it smells good! Is an accomplishment in itself :P

• Both of you get your butts to my class room. I've got plenty for you to clean.

What Guys Said 24

• Everything starts with cleanliness. If you don't keep your environment , your home and yourself clean , than you are the only one who will suffer. whether you find it joyful or not you have to do it for your own good. If you can't do it by yourself , than see that you employ somebody to do it for you. Breath clean air , sleep on a clean bed , always keep yourself clean. And show the world that you care for cleanliness. The Prime Minister of India has launched a Swatch Bharat Yogana. And he launched it by cleaning a Public Beach. Superstar Batting (Cricket) Maestro Mr Sachin Tendulkar , other film personalities , sports stars amd famous personalities from all walks of life became brand ambassadors in this campaign. Prime Minister said , "Nobody should feel lowly to be a part of this mission". He also said ' Great things start from doing smallest thing first."

• Cleaning is great. It is also good for the Metal element, which is also the Autumnal element (though I don't know how that works 'down under', with your upside down seasons). Yes, getting rid of the old, to make way for the new. A great many metaphors there, for the psyche!

• I should also say that the metal element is associated with the lungs and the large intestine!

• Haha cleaning out the clutter to make room for more clutter lol but yeah I understood what you meant lol

• Cleaning if fun when it's not to much to clean and when it's not a big mess.

• I generally don't like doing minor cleanups but at the end of the week/month doing a major clean up feels relaxing.

• You enjoy doing it all in one go when things have been accumulated over the week/month? That's cool, i think most people do it that way

• Yes, that is exactly it.

• Guilty sis... I hate it :-(
    Though if my girl would suggest I do my fair share, I would of course do it :D
    Oh and if I'd be visiting my sis and she'd ask, also of course :D :D

• Haha I actually thought you may find joy in it dear brother! That's a complete shock but nonetheless ok with me :)

• If it would be on your side I'd enjoy it sis, have a good chat while cleaning the house!
      It's not only girls who can have a chat over coffee hahaha :D

• Joy? No.

Relief, Joy and sense of accomplishment once it's done? Definitely. A clean house physically feels better to live in.

• Hah no I hate cleaning /= I mean I do it anyway but I don't like it, it's partly why me unpacking is a very slow processes because I have to clean and search through everything /=

• Not really

• Cleaning is for women.

• *gives you plane ticket* I expect it clean by the time I get home 😜

• I love cleaning and keeping things neat

• The best I can say is I've made peace with it.

• If I had a girlfriend that would slap me and make me clean the house, that would be quite enjoyable.

• LOL that may of motivated you to clean haha

• That sounds really nice :)

• Thanks. I hope to someday find a girlfriend for a LTR that likes stuff like that. It would be fun. I like it when a girl is both physically dominant and also somewhat bossy too.

• I love vaccuming, dusting, doing windows, and bathrooms

• You like doing it?
    I have some work for you, you can start already tomorrow!

• no never, its a very hard work to do

• hoverings alright

• Yes, i roll a blunt put on some music and within 2 minutes i'm finish

• yeah I do

• Silly gifs 😆

Yeah it relaxes me 😊

• Get out of here!! It relaxes you too?

• HAHA i tend to notice the things i need and i try to find.. i don't find. When i'm not looking for it then i find it.. it's so ironic but so stupid at the same time

• That happens to me too lol so frustrating 😬

• I really like cleaning it's a great stress reliever.

• Eh, sometimes.

• sometimes güzelim :D

• No I hire maids

What Girls Said 21

• I used to, because I did it so that we would have a nice home with each other. I wanted him to wash the dishes with me and clean with me. I wanted us to spend time together with each other cleaning , but whatever we did in my mind it would be great if we do it together. My husband did not get the same idea. He either wanted me to clean up and don't ask him to do it or he will do it and complain the entire time. It's awful. I am coping.

• OMG :( sorry to hear you're having a bad experience with cleaning.. especially with your husband

• This is literally me as well... :D
    But there are also days when I can't be bothered. I have my moments LEL!

• HAHA yeah i do have my moments too! It's like "NAHHH f this, i'm being a couch potato today!" other days it's like "Alright i'm cleaning the kitchen, living room and the meal area!"

• Sometimes.

If I'm really busy I hate having to clean when I get home and just want to relax, but usually my life isn't that hectic and I actually find cleaning to be relaxing...

• Sometimes yeah, I especially like cleaning after my boyfriend. It just feels nice to organize and clean his things for him.

• When I clean, it's all or nothing. Probably why my room is so dirty. That's a reason why I want my own tiny house. It can't be bigger than 1,400 square feet.

• Tiny houses are cool! It would definitely cut down on the cleaning that needs to be done :)

• Definitely. I mainly want one so I can save money and travel.

• I'd not say that it gives me "joy" but it does create a tiny bit of peace of mind...

• Monica Geller? Is that you?
    Lol, yes I do find cleaning fun but 'SOMETIMES'

• Sometimes it is a good stress reliever for me. I love listening to music and just focusing on cleaning. It is really the only thing besides sleep that gets my mind of the stress in my life.

• Honestly yes.
    I love doing laundry hahaha and cleaning in general. But i enjoy laundry... I don't know why.

• The fresh smell of clean clothes 😍 I like doing the laundry too haha

• Hahahaha yes i do... and most people dont... its the best thing i like at home... people at home would be lazy to do that but honestly i love it... i don like to live in a mess... especially that im 17 and my room should be a mess at this age but the opposite... i love tidying and cleaning!!!

• Sometimes I do.

• nah not really

• This is good that you are like this:) I talk to people all the time who have difficulty being tidy.

• Nope but I do feel happy in a clean place :)

• No, but i find hand washing dishes both theuraputic and fulfulling. The repetition is soothing and its comforting to wash away the goo on the plates

• I hate starting it but love finishing it.

• Usually my mom cleans bcs I'm always busy with school stuff or paintings but when I have free time and dedicate some time to cleaning I really enjoy and I clean very good

• Only in certain moods lol

• Yes it's nice to see the results and feel the gratification when you're finished.

• No I don't, but when I start I can't stop

• I do it helps me clear my mind