Like you want them to read and are probably expecting them to read actual books. But instead the choose to read comic books. Would you still be proud of them cause at least they are still reading something?
- I'd be proud of them for reading anything including comics77%(10)67%(18)Vote57%(8)
- I'd rather they read actual books instead of comics15%(2)15%(4)Vote14%(2)
- I wouldn't care if my kids read or not0%(0)0%(0)Vote0%(0)
- I don't want kids but want to see results8%(1)11%(3)Vote14%(2)
- I'd think something else about my kids reading comics (please say)0%(0)7%(2)Vote15%(2)
Most Helpful Girl
Most Helpful Guy
If I had kids, I wouldn't have any problems with them reading comic books. :) I didn't have access to very many comic books while growing up --- although I did read some here and there --- but I just loved the superhero cartoon shows and live-action movies in the 90s, etc. So I would still be a hypocrite if I somehow wanted them to stay away from the comics, lol.
HOWEVER, I'd want them to read actual traditional books and novels as well, as much or more than they read comics. There are just things from traditional books that most comics can't provide to a kid's mind, growth, and imagination. It's all a matter of being well-balanced, and not just too much into any one format of storytelling.0