What do you all think of the women that only rely on a man's wealth but got no skills in life at all?

Sometimes I wonder what if the marriage or relationship ends up sucking and the man decides to kick her out, becomes abusive or cheats?

Apart from just relying on someone's hard work, she's basically left without any skills in life when it comes to finding good job positions or a continue with your career. It makes me feel sad those types of women don't have a backup plan. I think that's always needed.

Sure there are women like that who has lived their fairy tale Cinderella happily ever after story but that's not always the case.

Most Helpful Guy

• A woman should never be dependent on a man.

What Guys Said 8

• "Meh."

Although I do think such an existence is pathetic, I can't fault them for wanting it - I mean it's general human nature to want to achieve as much as possible with the least amount of effort. And they have succeeded at that. So props to them for that at least.

• Only they didn't achive anything on their own meanwhile the man earned it all through his hard effort.

• They have ''achieved" (for lack of a better word) a high position (even if only at someone's side) by doing pretty much nothing other than being born with good genes and some basic upkeep of their body.

• I would never date a woman like that. Fuck that

• i think it's time for her to do something else with her life.

• Exactly. I feel bad for those women that only want to be a housewife but if I say my opinion on why that's not enough, I'm willing to bet some would confused me for a feminist. Nope, but if a woman's only goal is being a housewife and never being interested in either having a career or a job, then she's setting up for failure in case things go bad.

• Are you talking about houswifes and stay at home mom's? because those roles are not easy and require skills to be good at them and most have education and skills outside of those roles, they just made a choice to stay at home and raise their kids right rather than paying strangers to do it for them.
    Gold diggers maybe are what you are thinking about, they dont marrying for love but instead for a comfortable taken care of lifestyle and though they discust me I admire their go getter attitude.

• If some women chose to be housewives and stay at home moms but have a backup plan (a college degree and can work if she wanted to if anything goes wrong) then that's fine.

I'm talking about women that only married a wealthy man to be secured and would be totally clueless if kicked out of the house.

• Ones a gold digger but also you have to recognise what a privilege a college education is that very few has access too and that student loans are very high, not to mention far too many women take degrees that will not guarantee a career or job plus with a large amount of administration related jobs about to be automated as technology has advanced. I know so many college grads that struggle to find a real career. I feel for women that were told they can have it all but in thd end they are forced to make a lot compromises a long the way.

• Don't worry. She'll be ok because he'll probably be forced to pay her alimony. Which is stupid.

• Indeed. I find it pathetic too and it sure gives the rest of us a bad name.

• Well they got equal rights so they just have deal with it and go figure it out that's the equality they fought so hard for.

• You should always have a contingency plan, even if you're a golddigging parasite.

• This basically. As much as those types of women are a bad example, at the very least they should do already be prepared if their happily ever after story turns sour.

• Yes you're right but the exact same parasites you're talking about go for spousal alimony.

• I think if they're devoted to their husbands and families, they can be absolutely wonderful partners.

What Girls Said 3

• My mom was that woman but granted, she did work till she had me at 40 and made a lot of money but then my dad agreed that she can become a housewife and to look after me when I was born. Well, now he uses this against her and he has taken all the money she saved up for their old age due to him getting lazier and lazier. He took all her inheritance money, refuses to work and basically just ripped her off without her being able to leave. She's pretty much caught now and can't get out. I will never be in that position and she told me to make sure that someday I don't need to rely on any man's money or income for my security.

• Whoa, that sounds bad. Why is she not being able to leave and divorce him?

• @myusernamerocks Because he still has some kind of financial hold over her. I don't understand everything but it appears like she still thinks that without him, she'll be out on the street which to me makes no sense as he is already not paying our housing bills. All the assets are in her name cause he is blacklisted at the banks and can't take out loans for anything. So essentially she has power but she seems to think that cause she has no job whatsoever, her future is doomed (my dad still works but not enough to cover our expenses and sometimes he just doesn't work at all)

• @myusernamerocks And he is very manipulative...

• I always rely on myself financially. I prefer to be in control of my own money rather than rely on a man or anyone else. That way I control my own future and life

People often assume a woman who is financially stable or wealthy is a" leach" and owes her home, car etc to her husband. That's not true at all. Woman are capable of being self-reliant. They aren't all goldiggers just because they are wealthy

• I feel sorry for them and I also think it's sad. No one should rely on someone without having a backup plan.
    We never know what tomorrow will bring.
    I guess that something these women didn't have many chances in life. Or they never wanted to learn something and work.