Please help; how do I hide my cut marks?

Please, summer is coming and I'm scared. Over the fall I had a terrible time with seasonal depression and began cutting again. I haven't for a few months now, but the scars are very noticeable. I've tried makeup but I cut too deep and the scars show easily no matter what I do. Please. Please help me, what do I do to cover them? I was thinking a temporary tattoo or henna... would that work? I would greatly appreciate your advice and ideas! Thank you all so much!

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• A girl I'm friends with had problems with depression and she cut herself. I had no idea until I saw An old photo of her. She uses sweatproof makeup close to her skin tone.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• First, try distracting yourself from cutting. I know it's hard, but once you find a way to distract yourself, you're allowing your mental state to heal along with your scars. That will help you in the long run.
    In the meantime, I recommend using MAC studio fix concealer. That stuff is amazing and it's pretty cheap. Also, thin cardigans or long sleeve tops will work fine if it's not too hot out.
    Henna or a temporary tattoo will work really well too :)

0|0
    0|0
    • Thank you so much! I have stopped for awhile now, I really appreciate the advice!

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 3

• I have no idea how to hide the marks, but girl someone out there lives u and wants to have a relationship with u. If u ever want to talk with someone just hit me up (not in like a relationship way)

0|0
    0|0
  • Wear one of those fashionable swim sweatshirts. If they are on your side wear a one piece.

0|0
    0|0
  • Stop cutting yourself first.. Nd second.. Wear some accessories

0|0
    0|0
    • They aren't in a place where I can do that. Plus I have stopped, it's just a matter of hiding the scars. They're on my arm but the top of my arm, not my wrist, mid lower arm.

• Don't use makeup as it may infect the area if the would is still fresh or else you can go for a arm sleeve.. I dnt know what's the actual name of it

What Girls Said 4

• Ok are the cuts like 3d? like can you feel them when u touch your arm or see them rise out of you skin from the side?

0|1
    0|0
  • Wear wrist bands or try covering them with makeup. You could also try wearing long sleeved shirts made out of thin material.

0|1
    0|0
    • Thanks! I've tried makeup... it's doesn't work too well for me but long sleeves are definitely an option I guess. 😕

• I dont know where they are exactly but bandage it and say you sprained it and hurts to move it.

0|1
    0|0
  • There r some creams to hide it

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes