Please help; how do I hide my cut marks?

Please, summer is coming and I'm scared. Over the fall I had a terrible time with seasonal depression and began cutting again. I haven't for a few months now, but the scars are very noticeable. I've tried makeup but I cut too deep and the scars show easily no matter what I do. Please. Please help me, what do I do to cover them? I was thinking a temporary tattoo or henna... would that work? I would greatly appreciate your advice and ideas! Thank you all so much!

54

Most Helpful Guy

• A girl I'm friends with had problems with depression and she cut herself. I had no idea until I saw An old photo of her. She uses sweatproof makeup close to her skin tone.

Most Helpful Girl

• First, try distracting yourself from cutting. I know it's hard, but once you find a way to distract yourself, you're allowing your mental state to heal along with your scars. That will help you in the long run.
    In the meantime, I recommend using MAC studio fix concealer. That stuff is amazing and it's pretty cheap. Also, thin cardigans or long sleeve tops will work fine if it's not too hot out.
    Henna or a temporary tattoo will work really well too :)

• Thank you so much! I have stopped for awhile now, I really appreciate the advice!