How do you explain menstruation/periods to guys in a way they'll understand lol, help?

my boyfriend asked me if i could explain a girl's period in a way/sense that he'd understand. like explain how it feels, how it works, etc in a male anatomy way so he could understand instead of just saying "the uterus sheds a layer of tissue which leads to the blood coming out for 5 days on average every 28 days from early pre adolescents till late 40's, early 50's" because he doesn't have a uterus. anybody know how to explain it to a guy so he'll understands what it feels like lol. and I'm obviously not a guy or person where i can compare pain tolerances between each gender haha

no i didn't ask him "wanna know how girl's periods feel in male form?" lol, he just asked me late at night "hey madison (my name) i got a question for you, what does a girl's period feel like in a way id understand since i don't have a uterus or bleed every month down there haha? like could you explain it with a guy's anatomy? just kinda curious ahah"

only helpful answers please :)

also, please don't take this question seriously. its just a question that i got asked in a playful/jokingly manner

32

Most Helpful Guy

• Well technically us guys have a time of the month but not nearly as noticeable, mostly cuz us guys don't like to show emotion but basically period is giving birth (not really it's just replacing your womb I don't think this is the actual answer but it's an answer lol)

• lol, but girls also throw up, get sick, have cold/hot flashes, sweat a lot, have terrible mood swings (every girl = different moods), and get extremely tired during menstruation haha. menstruation is not a fun thing for girls lol. and menstruation isn't giving birth, thats called labour haha

• fair enough but usually during a women's "time of the month" it's usually a mood swing for the worse because women tend to get volatile during this time

• because our uterus is bleeding at a constant rate for 5 days at the minimum. and plus, the cramps feel like a kick in the balls non stop. each contraction hurts like hell lol. try bleeding 5 days at the minimum and see if your hormones won't be out of place haha one minute i could be happy, and then within 5 minutes i could be an anxious wreck, a depressed human, an anger-filled person, etc xD

Most Helpful Girl

• Well it feels pretty uncomfortable, although I gotta admit when I see it I'm happy to not be pregnant. It makes you go crazy, like change your mood from happy to angry or sad, you know, every girl for herself. The pain is also different for each one. The best explanation is that you feel a tiny knife going through few places of your body, that move whenever you move and make it even worse. It feels like someone splashes you with hot water and after a minute with freezing cold one. Most of the time on my period I feel really ugly, because my hair looks as if someone put a 1l of oil on it. But about the pain (again) it's like tiny heated knives go into your body and then refuse to leave as if they're attached with hooks. And your womb feels as if there's a little monster inside that comes out as liquid, but while being still inside punches and bites. Also the boobs feel as if they have French silicon in them, aka huge and about to explode.