Stories of old -- Grandparents/people with grandchildren, do you have stories from your younger days?

That is one of the things we look forward to, when my siblings and I visit our grandparents. Our grandfather has so many stories from his childhood, and enjoys when we listen.

Do you keep diaries of your younger days?

713

Most Helpful Girl

• I always like your questions :)

I have some great stories to tell my grandchildren. I'll enjoy talking about our family vacations in Scotland. We went every year when I was a child. I'll even take them their , so they can experience those great times themselves

I love listening to elderly people in general. They are great storytellers , and I have a genuine interest in the stories of their youth. I've even had old people chat to me while I've been waiting in shop queue, and they've talked to me about the " olden days" ... about what their life was like during world war times..

• Storytelling feels like a skill they just attain at some point. I don't think I know a single such person, who doesn't enjoy telling stories. :)

Most Helpful Guy

• I have my grandfather's service records from the time he served in the navy during the war.

As for my own lifespan, being nearly 40 I have seen a lot of things change. I remember no internet, no cellphones, computers with less memory than a microwave, black and white TVs, etc.

• That's pretty cool as well. :)

Even though we're still young, much keeps changing. I know I'm not quite at your age, but even growing up in the 90s I experienced a change in how school worked. When I first began, phones were scarce/rare, and we weren't allowed to use computers or calculators.. then later, we had to use those.

Also, the televisions when I were a small kid were still those big heavy blocks.. ๐Ÿ˜…