Why is racism wrong?

don't get me wrong, im not a racist, but, can someone explain to me why it's wrong?

48

Most Helpful Girl

• Because you are judging someone based off their skintone not for who they truly are.

Most Helpful Guy

• why is it wrong to presume one race is better than another?
    why is it wrong to presume because of a person's race they are some stereotypical trait?

it's wrong think skin color somehow makes one race dominate and one race inferior
    it's wrong to presume that a person is something simply because your race.

thinking this way breeds intolerance, hate, etc

• so explain why people claim it's not racism, when they say they're only ATTRACTED to one race

• well it may or may not be racism. you can just find a race more attractive and it not be racism, there is no accounting for personal preference. but it could potentially be racist if the reason they are attracted to people of a certain race is because they presume them to be superior due to their race or because of characteristics traits the apply to all people of that race or of another