Why is racism wrong?

don't get me wrong, im not a racist, but, can someone explain to me why it's wrong?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Because you are judging someone based off their skintone not for who they truly are.

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• why is it wrong to presume one race is better than another?
    why is it wrong to presume because of a person's race they are some stereotypical trait?

it's wrong think skin color somehow makes one race dominate and one race inferior
    it's wrong to presume that a person is something simply because your race.

thinking this way breeds intolerance, hate, etc

0|1
    0|0
    • so explain why people claim it's not racism, when they say they're only ATTRACTED to one race

• well it may or may not be racism. you can just find a race more attractive and it not be racism, there is no accounting for personal preference. but it could potentially be racist if the reason they are attracted to people of a certain race is because they presume them to be superior due to their race or because of characteristics traits the apply to all people of that race or of another

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 3

• Because its mean to no like someone because of there skin color...

0|1
    0|0
  • Because it's not fair to discriminate against anyone

0|0
    0|0
  • Because you are putting other people down because of their race. Which is not right , we are all human so we should see each other equally.

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 7

• Well, I guess I will be critical of the posters here. Not many here have studied much about racism. But it is a painful subject, so most people seek to avoid it. I know I did for much of my life.

Anyway, you are asking about is it morally wrong or not. I guess it doesn't really matter, right? I mean if you are a racist, I am sure from your perspective, it seems right. You might feel you are apart of this "supposed weird genetic kind of" group that is superior to other "supposed weird genetic kind of" other groups. Maybe you think there is some criteria that supports this conclusion and that's why you believe in racism. Whether you call it racism doesn't matter. That is the definition of racism.

Because racists are all by definition, disconnected from reality in some fashion, it is difficult to have a common sense conversation with most. They don't seem to be able to deal with rational logical thinking. Because racism is mostly based on mythology and fantasy.

So this discussion of racism being right or wrong, really isn't worth having. Because of the simple fact that racists don't seem to understand that they only like racism because they are not victims of it.

And I think that is the thing about racism and racists that probably makes it the strangest belief system in the history of mankind.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because you exclude a whole group of people, just on skin pigment
    https://i.imgur.com/CSSHVsg.jpg
    www.americananthro.org/.../Content.aspx

0|0
    1|0
  • generalizations are what is wrong. the biggest problem with racism regarding all other generalizations is that is extremelly evident, enhanced by economic reasons, cultural reasons and nationalistic reasons. sexism is a bit similar but it doesn't make such an impact since there aren't female vs male communities.

0|0
    0|0
  • because its the fact that you are better then someone cause of their skin color

0|0
    0|0
  • When people use that line "I'm not a racist but..." you really have to wonder.

0|0
    0|0
  • please tell us why it's right then?

0|0
    0|0
    • people who discriminate against a color, when it comes to attraction. they claim it;s not racism

• it's*

• Racism isn't inherently wrong.

0|0
    0|0
    • how so

• Well, it isn't my job to prove that. Negatives don't have to be proven, but positive assertions do. If someone were to make my opposite claim, being "Racism IS inherently wrong" that's up to them to prove.

Recommended myTakes