How generous are you when it comes to money?

824

Most Helpful Guy

• It depends on context.

I don't have any issue with spending it, and I don't pinch pennies. The things you'll hear me say the most are "It's only money" and "Meh. Single guy problems". I bought some toys for the Toys for Tots thing last Christmas, I've taken canned food to the animal shelter before (when I actually had time to volunteer), and I tip pretty damn well as long as the wait staff are polite and do their fucking jobs. If I have to ask for a refill on my drink, for instance, that means a smaller tip.

OTOH, I don't give anything to panhandlers. They can fuck directly off and punch themselves in the dick or the cunt. Nor do I give anything to charities, especially the ones that are only for women or women and children, or if they get irritating with their attempt at getting donations. The Salvation Army from around Thanksgiving until after New Year's is the biggest offender here. Oh how I fucking HATE those assholes and their incessant ringing of that damn bell.

Most Helpful Girl

• Depends on your definition. (And also basing this on a time when I had money).

Apart from animal charities, I don't give to charity. Not save the children, children in need, etc.
    The majority of money raised goes straight to the board members of said charities.

With animal charities (especially smaller ones) most money goes straight to vet bills, rehoming costs, even food. I support small charities. My family gives £20 a month to animal charity because if it hadn't been for us my cat would have been one of those animals, or dead.

Other than that, I treat people to meals (and visa Versa) but I don't have money to splash. I lost my job last year and I'm still yet to pay myself from the business I started... p. s. Most of it is because people won't pay me. Despite lawsuits.