Is there a safe non-prescription medicine for weight gain?

I'm 5'5 and 115lbs and I feel uncomfortable with my size. I'm just so lanky. Is there something I can take (even if it's just a herb or something) that will slow down my metabolism enough to gain like 20 lbs?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, you can buy the "over the counter" drug called "box of Twinkies".

0|0
    0|0
    • My family does not eat healthy and yet we are still small people. Its just genetics.

Most Helpful Girl

• Something with a natural estrogen.. Like soy maybe? Estrogen is the fat storing hormone. I won't recommend birth control pills though, bc although they will help you gain weight, they will also fuck up your whole natural cycle for a long time.

0|1
    0|0
    • That's actually interesting you suggested that bc I don't know if I have normal amount of estrogen. I don't have a feminine body shape (i have wide shoulders and tiny hips) plus PCOS which I know screws with hormones.

• Pcos CAN cause that but more often than not it causes an excess of estrogen (that can be converted to Free testosterone) depending on other hormones) .. It depends on your personal hormonal profile and and your hormone receptivity. From what you said though, I would suggest a plant based diet high in phytoestrogens to help balance you out.

• Soy everyday would be a good idea for You

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 3

• No. Honestly there is no truly healthy way to easily lose or gain weight. Those meds mess with your internal burning of energy, which is bad.

Eat greater amounts of meat and startch. After you work out drink chocolate milk (helps rebuild and grow muscle).

0|0
    0|0
  • they have special bars for weight gain you can buy over the counter.

honestly though, just eat more.

0|0
    0|0
  • You'll gain weight with a caloric surplus. Count your calories, and increase them a little bit each week until you get the results you want.

0|0
    0|0
    • I'm gonna be frank, I'm not about to start counting calories or watching what i eat. So if there's anything I could ADD to my diet to assist with weight gain, I'd like to know about it.

• Food. Add food. Fuck.

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

Recommended myTakes