What is worse: try and save 3 people but let 7 die, or do nothing and watch 3 people die but 7 are saved as a result?

Let's say terrorists are forcing you to make a choice.
  • Make an attempt to save 3 people but end up letting 7 die.
  • Make no attempt to save 3 people, watch them die but then have 7 live as a result.
Or to ask it another way: which would you personally choose?

47

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• I guess it depends on a number of factors... Is my family involved? Do I know the outcome? How easy is it for me to try and save the 3 people?

It's a tough one. But we always hope to be able to save someone.