Trust issues? Do you have them? What caused them? Any stories to share?

Do you have trust issues, and if so, what caused them?

I have trust issues I don't remember what caused them but something that doesn't help is, today my best friend blurted out my DEEPEST DARKEST SECRET (you know, the secret that you would literally die if anyone found out and maybe you won't even tell your bestie) to one of our friends. I hardly wanted to tell my best friend but I did because I thought she deserved to know, and even then I really regretted it. I told her she wasn't to tell another soul, living or not. she kept it very well for 2 years so I wasn't worried until today and she told our friend! I'm dissapointed to say the least. My other friend whom she told said she wouldn't say anything, but I still don't completely trust her yet, but now it will take longer cause now I don't know who to trust any more!

what about you, any trust issue stories to share?

13

Most Helpful Guy

• yes. I have that, unfortunately. I'm betrayed twice by the same person. I still am dying inside because of it, even i can't concentrate on anything.
    good for you, it was your friend, mine was the person whom i loved.

• Aw I'm so sorry. Well they obviously don't deserve you.

• Well It really depends on what exactly they did. But it's better to just leave it be then to take revenge and possibly make things worse

• yes, I thought hurting her will make me to feel better. But it made it worse. I can't have calm mind because of it. honestly, that is why I post on similar question like yours

Most Helpful Girl

• My husband has always been a violent drunk, I used to get hurt trying to ensure he didn't look bad in front of others or get hurt. After about 10 years this one night I decided to not put myself in the line... we were at a pub, the police took him, I let them. But they didn't lock him up or get him to safety.. he wandered away lay down on the road and got run over suffering 26 broken bones and multiple permenant brain damage.. I have trust issues now.

• Oh my! 😱 I'm so sorry you had to go through all that for so long. Best wishes for you!

• Still though.. Well good for you to be independent, not much people are even worth trusting nowadays sadly. I fell bad for the children to be born past 2020 cause it's all going downhill..

• Feel*