Do you have any mementos or something you consider special?

Lots of people have an object that they consider special to them. Often with a little backstory to it that gives it personal significance and meaning. I was wondering what items people had and what the little stories were.
For instance i have a 1:1 scale plushie of pikachu. It's the last thing i have left that my father gave me before my parents separated and it's the only i've got left from him at all. it never leaves my bed (unless i accidentally kick pika off in my sleep).

So gag. What little mementos do you have?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I was adopted from Korea and I have a little authentic celadon fish that has the classic one of a kind paint job on it. I have yet to see any pottery piece thats like it.

Celadon or Korean Pottery its more common now a days to get it as pot or anatomical object. But in rare cases a few masters make animal shaped pieces that are amazing.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I carry around a ninja turtle (donatello) everywhere with me, and by everywhere I mean he goes to work with me, vacations, grocery shopping etc. Now he also has OG krang and new school Rockstar intercontinental championship krang who come along aswell. My boyfriend used to make eyes when I'd set up my toys at restaurant tables but he's used to it now. 😂 I bought donatello 6 ish years ago with Michaelangelo at a target during my first trip to America. He's been with me ever since and Michaelangelo stays in my room with his stanley cup.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 19

• Yes. When we moved out of my childhood home I removed the metal bar that connected the door handles on either side of my bedroom door and allowed the handles to be turned. Then I closed the door. The idea being that nobody would be able to get into my room after I'd left. It was my little protest.

I still have that metal bar almost 30yrs later.

0|0
    0|0
  • I have a tree of life necklace that I always wear that was a gift from an old friend when I was in Ireland.

She said it symbolizes my personality and it's a reminder to never forget the people in your life. It's more value to me than gold and every time it falls off or something, I always seem to panic and get easily upset.

The hidden truth is, it makes me feel still connected to her so I kinda like to think she's with me wherever I go.

1|0
    0|0
  • I have a couple. I have journals full of my daily logs while I was in jail. I was dealing with a lot... I have a wolf that my grandma gave me before she passed away. I always wanted the wolf but she would never let me have it when I was younger. but she did give it to me right before she died. I have some stuff that the other kids gave me like notes and cards right before I left CPS and went back to my family. I guard that shit with my life.

0|0
    0|0
  • a little silver ring from a long time ago. it was from a relationship that did not go so well. but it reminds me of what a good relationship can be if it works out.

0|0
    0|0
  • I have bra's and panties from my old Asian landlords wife's and daughter and daughter in-law they were really hot and I wanted to have sex with them and I would ether leave my bedroom door open or cracked open so they can see me naked. But I never had sex with them so took mementos from them with out them knowing.

0|0
    0|1
  • I used to give chocolates every now and then to my ex-gf when we were together. After an year, I went back to my hometown after completing the studies. Then she told me that, she had kept all those chocolate wrappers as my memories and she looks at them when she miss those moments. This is what moved me to the core.

0|0
    0|0
  • I have the wrist-watch of my deceased father, which is special to me. I also have a piece of silken fabric that I received a long time ago.

1|0
    0|0
  • A house full of antiques that came from England via my late grandfather's second wife whom was royalty. She grew up in a castle and was ex-communicated when she married a 'commoner'. :)

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't have many mementos, but most things I own do have a bit of a backstory; like the chess set I got when my mom and sis first visited me when I traveled abroad.

0|0
    0|0
  • I have one of stones in the picture as well. I can't tell which one is that stone
    which I give it to my first love and she lost it to the ground when we talk about why the stone are so round, maybe they rock from mountain to river, she said.
    So I have to think about each stone has each story behind it. I just need to protect all so I can make sure mine is safe.
    static.flickr.com/62/212264691_86fcf337ab_o.jpg

1|0
    0|0
  • I have the last birthday card my great grandfather sent to me before his passing.

0|0
    0|0
  • I still have my mom's steeler jacket it is the only thing of her's that I have since she died I don't wear it, it just hangs in my closet

0|0
    0|0
  • I unfortunately have none ;u:
    (Totally not feeling bad...) XD

0|0
    0|0
  • yeah my girlfriend made a poster for me on my birthday she celebrated it by giving me 19 gifts on my 19th bday and the poster is amazing

0|0
    0|0
  • I have a few all of which has quite a personal back story even beyond what people will think of it

0|0
    0|0
  • most significant thing? a gold medal i received as national archery champion

0|0
    0|0
  • Mine is a stuffed horse my great grandma gAve me before she died

0|0
    0|0
  • We can create sumthing special today if u give it a chance with Asian boi 💝

0|0
    0|0
  • My dick

0|0
    1|0

What Girls Said 5

• I have three engagement rings/wedding bands of my grandmother, great grandmother and great, great grandmother. They were given to me on my wedding day as my something old 😊
    They're not all that expensive, but the symbolism is beautiful.

1|0
    0|0
  • I have a few "love letters" a friend/crush wrote me back in gradeschool. I saved them because they were so sweet/funny.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yep. I have a lot.
    Let me think of one in particular, but I'll be back later!

0|0
    0|0
  • necklace my gma gave me

0|0
    0|0
  • I have lots of things from friends from other countries, just like little souvenirs they gave me, but they are very important to me because ill probably never see those friends irl again, since they live on the other side of the world.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes