Is capital punishment ever justified?

As with criminals and such, is it ever right to perform it? Especially on those convicted of heinous crimes (terrorism, treason, etc.)?

327

Most Helpful Girl

• I believe capital punishment is justified when it's absolutely certain someone has
    -murdered another living being that isn't culturally eaten (let it be a dog, a cat, or a human)
    -raped another human being (let it be a child or an adult)

Those are the only two reasons I can think of right now.

Most Helpful Guy

• Why I'm against death penalty.
    - It's very serious consequences with capital punishment. If a person who's innocent gets the wrong judgement and everybody believing they're guilty, then they may get executed and you can't resurrect a death person.

- Learning a person that killing is wrong and then killing them are very ironically and ridiculous. If you're going to prove people something is wrong, doing the same mistake as the wrongdoer won't work. Then it's double communication.

- Another thing is that some inmates prefer to die instead of being locked in their cells and feel the boredom. Giving them help to die if they doesn't manage suicide would just let them get away from the boredom. If you're death, you don't need to worry about getting bored later.