Do you ever regret being cruel online?

I have a really quick temper with people I don't know and that comes out a lot on online. never with people undeserving of it but I still feel annoyed with myself for lowering to their level. do y'all ever feel like this? how can I learn to just let the trolls and weirdos be without letting my temper get the best of me? it's not that they don't deserve it but I don't wanna be that kind of person to be so vindictive and cruel. I don't want that kind of behavior weighing on my soul.

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• I am not cruel at all. But sometimes , I may have crossed limits and people might have felt bad about what I write. But regret is a good word to describe how I put back things in balance. On a few occasions even a few young people have insulted me. But usually I allow them the freedom to do and say what they like in this free media. So cruelty is not a part of my behavior. Thank God , I am better.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 18

• I look at it this way. I don't know them from atom and they don't know me either. I'll never meet them most likely and they have no affect, in reality, on my life. So, what they type out on their computer has no effect what so ever to me or who I am or how I live. Unless I want it to. I find it really laughable when someone insults or gets upset at me over a comment or answer I've made on GaG. It tells me that, for one, they have a very limited view of how the world works or of how complicated and of variety the human personality is. I also believe that they only think one way and it is whatever they perceive as truth. My understanding of the world will never be total or perfect. But I'm at least open to other thought processes so that I can better get an understanding of why this person thinks this way. Or, I can understand why this person thinks this way.

It's really waste of time to troll or get upset at trolls. It's just a persons way of entertaining themselves. Also, they are but 1 person out of billions. For them to say I'm in the wrong means little to me.

0|0
    0|0
    • I don't get upset about them at all. I'm more upset when I lose my temper and fire back at them. I don't wanna be that kind of person.

• Show All
    • I wanna know how I stop firing back and just ignore them

• If you are the type of person to love to be in a good argument and get your point across, than it's tough not to. You have to step back from those types of attacks and look at it in a broader view. Once they start doing this, start to look at it as what it is, a nameless person that is in another city, or country, who is basing their opinion on their life. NOT yours. Because if it was someone that mattered to you, they would know you and understand your way of life and your environment. So they would be more diplomatic. Most of the time, these types of people just say shit to get a reaction, no matter how valid your point may be. As well, when your points start to become valid, they dismiss it by saying shit like, "too long to read" or, "irrelevant" or, "you don't matter because of ________.", or criticize you in a different manner like your age, sex, or looks, etc. If you don't take it as personal, than it shouldn't anger you.

• This is the internet. This is the breeding ground of trolls and anything you want to be. People don't give too much thought to what they say because, its the damn internet and it's not like you're ever gonna meet this random person you're cussing at.

0|1
    0|0
    • you literally missed the whole damn point...

• Show All
    • I don't care about the other person once they've proven to be an asshole but I care about myself and my behavior.

• Then just train your mind to be different. I don't know. The only thing you can change is yourself. Can't change the assholes.

• I wouldn't say I'm cruel. But I've written stuffs on the internet that I regrets. Example if I changed my mind about a thing or told a fact about myself that I later finds embarrassing. I've also had stupid discussion with people and thought later that I wasted my energy on them.

0|0
    0|0
  • sometimes... people irritates me.. when I mean it is good sense and her ego prevent her from seeing my intention I feel angry... but I just say what I need and until she proves she didn't mean it in a bad sense I won't reply... that's it... some people 😩...

0|0
    0|0
  • just means you're a coward irl and can only speak your mind on the internet.

0|1
    0|0
    • yeah no. I've always been an outspoken person. plus debate club helped that along. I'm more speaking about when I lose my temper and say things that are out of character for me. which I don't say IRL because I actually care about the people in my life. these people online mean nothing to me so I don't use kid gloves. I often tell people online to kill themselves and I wouldn't tell my friends or family that in an argument no matter how angry I was. though I'd likely tell a stranger to IRL if I was arguing with them. you completely missed my point. you should work on your reading comprehension.

• I just answered from your title. your entry was too long and I didn't feel like it was worth the time listening to you try to explain yourself. once again, you're just unempathetic for people online. simple as that.

• so you can't read at all then. got it.

• once I played Gta online as a female character. partner screwed up in the mission and I kept on having my character giving him the finger as he tried to get out of a fucked up situation. turned out he was a kid no older than 12. He sounded so guilty and disappointed over the mic. He left the session disappointed in himself. lol feel so bad about myself for that.

0|0
    0|0
  • No. If I truly let go, the target had it coming.

But I don't recall the last time I felt bad about *anything* I did. A conscience is one of those useless things I got rid of some time ago.

0|0
    0|0
  • Im not cruel, but when you attack me based on a statement which you dont agree with, and make baseless lies about my comment, and attack me as a person, then I will be rude and downright nasty to back.

0|0
    0|0
  • cruel? not sure what to define as cruel I have delivered very cynical judgement but I don't think of it being cruel, maybe it was..

0|0
    0|0
  • I regret being more affection and complimenting.

0|0
    0|0
  • No because you can be annoyed with something someone says, a negative comment and etc

0|1
    0|0
  • i am not. i partly troll myself, sarcasm is my maternal language 😂

0|0
    0|0
  • i love a good keyboard thown down. internet pirates!!!

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope. If I'm cruel the bitch deserved it.

0|1
    0|0
  • Are you a Latina?

0|0
    0|0
  • Only if I didn't think it through.

0|0
    0|0
  • yeah

0|0
    0|0
  • I've never been cruel online

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• No. If I say something cruel it's because the dick head deserves it especially with people on GaG they do too much sometimes.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yup, some muppets just make you lose it, we're only human after all.

0|0
    0|0
  • I feel ya...

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes