Have you ever had a moment of weakness?

Something like that just happened to me, involving shopping. I told myself I wouldn't buy anything for a while and save up my money whenever possible... Got by this for a few months, grinding my teeth at the thought that there were things I wanted to buy but couldn't... And then before I knew it, I hit the purchase button on something and now I'm out of rent money lol... Thankfully I got a paycheck coming in and helping the neighbors with yardwork ought to help too.

Ever had a moment like that, where you promise yourself you're not gonna do something and then before you know it you already did that same something?
Updates:
... That's supposed to say "Ever". Stupid autocorrect.

1|1

Most Helpful Girl

• No I've never had a moment of weakness like that.
    Your problem is kinda serious, you went shopping instead of paying your rent?
    If you don't have anywhere to live where are you goin to store your clothes at? And you don't have food your not going to have strength and energy to look pretty. My mum teached me this valuable lesson if you hungry your not going to be vibing in those clothes like you would if you had had a meal.
    You need to control your self, maybe buy couple of items $100 a month worth material, so that you won't have moments like this.
    You should also think about the money that you are spending on fast fashion is not worth it, next week when you go to the mall there will be another trend. You are a victim and you should Google about it and check some documentaries about fast fashion...
    You are sending so much money on things you don't need... You need to learn how to live with essentials and let go of all that junk that you have...
    it's like being addicted to drugs and choosing them over anything. This is what you did, you put shopping over everything and you really need to get it together...
    In the future things could go worse if you decide to apply for a credit card​, basically spending money you don't have and paying it off slowly and things get out of control you can't even pay it off anymore and you won't be able to pay rent either...
    Be careful Good luck

1|1
    0|1
    • Well being truthful it wasn't clothing... And thankfully I live with my parents, they just charge rent. Though I got a lot of things coming to me, including paychecks and yardwork for neighbors to get that money back. I recognized I fudged up, and I'll try hard to deal with the consequences.

Thank you for your advice though. I really do need to control myself when it comes to money... I'll keep your information in mind. And thank you.

• ok.
      Good luck foreal...

Most Helpful Guy

• Smoking but not the cigarettes... I am talking about weed... I smoke since 15 but rarely (once month or even less).

In the past 2 months I have been doing it every week and that past week every day. I am aware it is just an escape from shit going on around me but I enjoy it. The worst part is that when I am high I just don't give a shit that it is the end of the month and I am almost dead broke. I spent all my money left in a day, although I have to survive for 10 days more. Luckily my rent is the first thing I pay in each month so haven't had that problem.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 36

• Yes, I do that sometimes...

0|1
    0|0
  • Today, I went to the pharmacy to buy a shampoo, and before I knew it I was picking up notebooks, journals, page flags, lotions, etc.
    Thank God, before I made the purchase, a lady in front of me had bunch of stuff to check out for. I had to pick up my brother from his school in a couple of minutes, so I dropped the stuff on an empty car and left the store.

0|3
    0|0
  • Try to only buy used stuff from the thrift store or Facebook or stuff on clearance... you will get your shopping fix but also save a lot of money... I used to have this problem too but I am able to keep the amount I spend under control now.

1|1
    0|0
    • I'll definitely keep that in mind.

• pay your rent and bills as soon as you get paid, put the majority of what's left into a savings account then leave a minimal amount in your checking account for food

if you're invited to go out with your friends ask them to go to yours instead, buy a board game and bottle of wine or something it's much cheaper than going out out

0|1
    0|0
  • all the time... i have a bard time controlling myself... i need someone else to do it for me... im trmhe tyoe of person who deals with whatever consequences come my way.. as long as im happy in thr moment... and im NOT hurting anybody else... why not?

0|1
    0|0
  • I'm not an Internet spender, nor do I buy things unnecessary, normally I go out to buy something and expect an extention in what I'm buying. Like I'll go out to the shops to buy milk and cheese and some back with that bread, and chocolate chips.

0|2
    0|0
    • lol that's is also a problem... similar to his problem but with items of low cost...πŸ˜‚

• Show All
    • oh you mean fast foods.. lol.. they aren't junk , they are called fast foods...πŸ˜‚

• still better habit , I am damn sure you have a good figure... 😊 ..

• I do loads of it every month. But, with no regrets. I've weakness for new fashion, be it clothes, high heels, nail polishes, make up kits, etc. I'm kinda crazy this way. πŸ’˜

0|1
    0|0
  • Oh yea, all the time. Online shopping kills me every time. If I have money and there is something I want, I will have no money left as soon as I get on the internet.

0|1
    0|0
  • Heh, everybody's had a moment like that, but if you're used to being able to spend what you want when you want, trying to go cold-turkey isn't going to help you as much as you think. You're best bet is to work out a budget & specifically put aside some money that you can spend or even divert that money towards a different kind of 'reward' for yourself. Like buying ingredients for a dish you love, or investing in a longer term thing like a video game or art project that you buy and then work on. There' s a number of different websites and apps that can help you with budgeting but the best way to go is always to *slowly reduce* the amount rather than just cut it off all together and live grinding your teeth. The spending isn't bad, just the amount.

0|2
    0|0
  • Yep for sure, I've succumbed to weaknesses when I've tried my very best to hold strong. Different area of weakness but same type of situation.

Always regret after. And you can't take it back.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes. Like Today in a big Way.
    However, I have to Stop and Drop... Enabling Here, dear. xx

0|1
    0|0
  • Haha when it comes to food. "Oh no I shouldn't.. no no" but then I'm stuffing my face like a pig and regret it after πŸ˜‚

0|1
    0|0
  • when am on a diet , am vegan and i want to cut carbs like rice , pasta and bread but everytime i do somthing my mom c[ks just seduces me.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes, every pay day, i always said to myself to save but when I get to the malls, I'm always tempted to check new clothes, shoes, make up and end up buying it.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes. It usually involves ice cream, though. I eat way too much ice cream.

0|1
    0|0
  • yeah :( i bought food i didn't even wanna eat. mwaste of money

0|1
    0|0
  • Yeah, I just broke my no soda rule unfortunately πŸ˜•

0|1
    0|0
  • I promised myself to NOT date lol but this one guy, I just love him.

1|1
    0|0
  • Like everyday with chocolate. Let's not even bring up online shopping.

0|1
    0|0
    • @TuMeManques Online shopping had been my downfall/greatest highlight... When I first left home and moved to Uni I ended up having a few nights out and for some bizarre reason ending it on ebay, I'd kept my ebay address as my parents address, so many a morning I woke up trying to explain why someone was trying to deliver a "probable fake" piece of sporting memorabilia to my parents address! lol

• Same, sometimes I just need to buy at least a bottle water a day to get me through 😬

0|1
    0|0
  • Whenever someone brings sweet around and I tell myself not to eat them, but I cave and then cry about it later.

0|0
    0|0
  • When I dislocated my jaw... I was pretty weak after I came home from the hospital.

0|0
    0|0
  • at least once a week!

0|1
    0|0
  • Of course. With many things, who hasn't.

0|1
    0|0
  • curb the impulses and yes, I've learned, tc

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes I have

0|1
    0|0
  • What was it you bought?

0|1
    0|0
  • ohhh yes

0|1
    0|0
  • yes i have

0|1
    0|0
  • Show more from Girls

What Guys Said 48

• Happens to everyone. I've been trying to start a no-fap, everytime I start one or two days I end up failing, 3 or 4 times in a row. I don't like to bring up sexual behavior in a question that doesn't talk about it but it is my biggest moment of weakness that happens 2 or 3 times a week. :/

0|1
    0|0
  • Shred your all credit cards except one for hotels and emergencies.

Use debit or cash only.

Make an account with no card access for savings then put everything into it. You can only use money from this account by taking it out and put into your checking account.

You can't spend what you don't have. When you want to spend, the action of moving money will make you think carefully before you spend and prevent impulse buys.

0|1
    0|0
  • I quit smoking , after 2 years had a problem at work started again , saved up Β£600 as money towards a new car and bought a 4k flat screen tv , I don't text anyone yet got a co tract for a new phone I have a good job but I get those moments a lot I'm not taking any of this to the grave with me so aslong as my bills get paid and I have a car etc I'm just happy with what fun I can get out of life nothing to be ashamed of just don't leave yourself short

0|1
    0|0
  • My weaknesses was poor judgement i made when my
    relationship ended with my ex girlfriend it was both our faults
    but i made poor judgement so i tell people never get revenge
    on anyone when in a relationship be the better person and
    learn to say no and just let them be but loves drives us to
    do all kinds of things.

0|1
    0|0
  • It's not totally a moment of weakness it's just an impulsive action towards the circumstances, coz at that moment we want something else than what we had our mind set for. Happens to everyone sometime.

0|1
    0|0
  • My moment of weakness is whenever a cannoli is nearby. I really love cannolis.

Um. . . I can't think of anything else but I'm sure I've had a bunch

0|1
    0|0
  • On May 1st I went out to buy the traditional lily of the valley for my wife. The shop had a beautiful orchid. Knowing she likes these, I couldn't resist.

0|1
    0|0
  • Whenever I see any new-flavored food item in the grocery store, k I am extremely tempted to buy it just once just to taste it once!

Ex. a new flavor of Ben&Jerry's Ice Cream, a new flavor of Gatorade

0|0
    0|0
  • saving was never my problem... I got nearly 15000 INR from school for becoming the topper... and I saved them but my mom took them hahah... can't save when mom has my pin and card... lol... and yeah I had one...

0|0
    0|0
    • and it appears saving is one of my weakness lol... I never get to reap the benefits...☺😊

• I've been trying to stop myself from blowing money on stuff like an oled tv, noise cancelling headphones, Apple Watch, etc. super expensive stuff that I can technically buy but shouldn't lol

0|1
    0|0
  • Yeah, many times with different things. I've narrowed it down to being caused by self control and not a well-defined enough goal in my mind. Because I care so heavily about fitness and being in shape, what you experienced usually happens to me in the form of food. I'll frequently eat things I didn't really mean to eat, just gave in at the time and did it. I feel that the best solution is that, in that moment where you have the thing you wanna do enter your mind, make a strong effort to resist the next part where your mind just rationalizes it and you do it.

0|1
    0|0
  • A moment of weakness is very common, for me at least.

Just grit your teeth and scream into a pillow.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yea it's happened to me. I learnt to control it pretty quickly

0|1
    0|0
  • yes! but I have control over it. Need over want. Too many bills to pay.

0|1
    0|0
  • it is a natural phenomenon for every living beings

0|1
    0|0
  • I think that we all should start saving money and it doesn't have to be just for rainy day

0|1
    0|0
  • same thing happens with me everyday but with delicious mouth watering spicy... delicacied food

0|1
    0|0
  • Yea a lot actually, with money. I spend when I say I'm going to save. But I have moments of weakness with other things too.

0|0
    0|0
  • i have been there. Therapy shopping. lol. Its definitely short term boost of happy. Although the long term effects are only worse. Unfortunately

0|0
    0|0
    • This right here... Been having quite a crappy couple months, and last month is the crown jewel so far... :/

• Stealing when I was younger. I didn't need half the things I stole just got a buzz out of it. It stopped when I was caught breaking into a shop one night when I was 15. Got told the facts of life from a cop and my dad. They said stealing was the start of a life of crime. They were right as well. Criminals look for the buzz as well and it gets more extreme going to violence and other stuff. Guys I grew up with are career criminals and never out of jail now. I was a kleptomaniac and luckily it got dealt with before it got it claws in as I got older. You can't stop yourself I know the feeling

0|0
    0|0
  • Who hasn't, right?

0|1
    0|0
  • always impulse buy things on amazon

0|2
    0|0
  • Pretty sure everyone has

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes but I get over it. And stay optimistic