Do you make an effort to clean up/tidy up your house/apartment before friends come over?

My best friend's house is gross. There is pet hair everywhere, dishes always in the sink, the bathroom is not only cluttered with products, but the toilets and shower are dirty, there are clothes all over everything, the floors are filthy. It is the reason why I make all types of excuses not to go over, or stay the night, or eat anything from her kitchen. Love her, but her house, I can't deal with. My parents taught me to keep a tidy organized house, and no matter the guest, to at the very least, tidy up a bit before they arrive.

Because they are friends, does cleaning or tidying up before a guest not matter to you, or do you do it before your friends arrive?
  • Yes
    Vote A
  • No
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• Eh... it depends who the friend is. Most of my friends I've known since I was 3. They have no reason to believe that I somehow changed from being the messy toddler/grade school kid I was.

I may make an effort to clean... sort of. Like a room. Or the table. Maybe a bathroom. But otherwise... welcome to my crazy ass life :)

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 1

• We normally keep a tidy house but will always do a extra cleaning before company.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 6

• I live a rather messy lifestyle, but I make a little effort to clean if a friend is coming over. I probably won't clean the bathroom unless it's gross, but I'll get some pet hair and dishes taken care of.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't go full out cleaning mode like my mom but I do tidy up at least a little bit if it's not on short notice

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, guests should be welcomed by a clean home.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah I do every single time lol

0|0
    0|0
  • I live here alone how much could there to tidy up?

0|0
    0|0
  • Have it cleaned way before

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes