Vegetarians and Vegans: Would you eat meat if it was lab grown and caused no harm whatsoever to animals?

If we had the ability to grow chicken, beef, pork, etc, in a lab, without harming any animals, and it tasted exactly the same as normal meat, would you be willing to eat it?
  • Yes
    Vote A
  • No
    Vote B
  • I already eat meat, and I would eat lab-grown meat too
    Vote C
  • I already eat meat, but I wouldn't eat lab-grown meat
    Vote D
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I wouldn't eat it, because I just don't see a point now that I haven't been eating it for all these years (and I'm sure it would be expensive when first starting out) but in the future, if I was born during a time where it was a good price, I would eat it.
    I think it's a great alternative :) and I hope the price is reasonable very soon so people can try it.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 5

• I have not eaten meat of any sort since I born. I would not start now, even if factory produced. My system would not be able to handle it. No point anyway. I am perfectly happy with veggie food.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm a gluten free vegan. I have this diet because of many food intolerances. I wouldn't eat meat like the one that was described in the description, simply because my bowels can't process meat.

0|0
    0|0
  • No but I'd be much happier about it. I'd only not eat meat bc it's not healthy, I would not also be against it on ethical grounds.

0|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't eat it because it sounds gross and I wouldn't trust them to make sure all the appropriate nutrients are in it. A lot of people still think salt and saturated fats are bad. Nutrition science just isn't good enough.

0|0
    0|0
    • But if they had it perfected, and all the right nutrients were available, you would eat it?

• No, because it's still gross. And that's way to hypothetical.

• Well the entire question is based on hypotheticals haha. This is a future where they've perfected the process. Thanks for answering 👌

• i don't care what you eat whether it be meat or veggies. All i know is that i personally only want to eat something that came into the world naturally... Not from test tubes and beakers.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 3

• if it doesn't have any senses and life associated with it

0|1
    0|0
    • Yup, no life whatsoever, just meat.

• Show All
    • I don't think the steak you get at the store is alive, right?

• If you're going by that reasoning, that's not a reason to be vegetarian. I don't know what that has to do with your original question.

• I'm a meat-eater. I wouldn't touch that.

0|0
    0|0

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

Recommended myTakes