Was it just kindness?

In my college people can enter only with ID cards by putting it on a machine and then the door opens. So I was walking to the library, so I see like a few people are coming out so I started waking a little faster (I think) and then there was this cute guy coming out and then we just had a eye contact and he just makes actions like do you want to go in or like do you want me to keep the door open, so then I think I nodded or said yes and he holds the door for me and I am like thank you and then he says something or I don't know, I was too shy to look. I have been thinking about him all day. It came to me as a surprise as the people in my college or class at least who I have spoken to aren't so nice.
Few times we have crossed paths too in college, I don't know which course is he in. But was it just him being kind or more?

11