Do you believe that you get your iq from your mom?

i recently took an online iq test (a somewhat good one)
and got 125.
i remember my mom saying she got 120, when she took one, not online.
first off, i want to clarify that i dont believe that iq is the ultimate measurement of intelligence, and sure as hell not for smartness.
but i do think it has something to do with being able to do logical problems fast.
recognizing problems and solutions, understanding patterns, etc.
i do remember hearing that you get your moms intelligence.
i kind of think that it may be true, in my case. my dads pretty smart, but more in regards of resourcefullness and street smarts, and other stuff. purely problem solving, i think my mum is a bit better.

• yes
  • no
  • other
    Vote C
We're talking online. I don't bother adding apostrophes everywhere and i comment a lot, so i dont always check or even type perfectly. I make sure im understood, which shouldn't be too hard for someone of your intellect. Wait , dont tell me that you're pissed that i didn't add the apostrophe in the previous you are.
Okay so you know 5 languages, you got me beat 😊.
(curious as to how you will misinterpret that as an offence)
- this is all directed at superchick
And for your information, i did get straight A's in English.
I know i dont know everything at my age, im learning stuff and i respect my elders. Even advise from guys 2-3 olders seem useful to me, as long as they are being genuine.
I just tought thats how younger people felt when i say it too.
There is no such thing as an ageist. You need to be more humble and learn to be graceful in listening to your elders. You claim you are humble, but all you seem to me right now is to be a spoilt brat

45

Most Helpful Girl

• 1|1
    • Here's the thing about IQ-

"Intelligence quotient" can be thought of as "intelligence potential." It is a measure attempting to put a number on the possible cognitive ability you may have, but it says absolutely nothing about how you use it. Having a base capacity for ability is great, but is pretty irrelevant until put to use and "tested" in the context of reality.

This is why anyone doing a full psych evaluation and testing gives a battery of measures. Having a full, functional picture, of an individual is the goal. Why? Because someone with significant behavior problems may have a high IQ, but isn't able to access it in life. Their behavior prevents them from ever reaching their potential.

• Lol, sorry. I'm a nerd about this stuff

• dont worry. thats a good thing

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't know. My mom's IQ was verified at 157. She did the official MENSA tests under exam conditions at the local university and hence she is a member of MENSA. I like to think that I'm smarter than her to be honest, lol!

I don't put too much weight on IQ score as a measure of what I would define as overall intelligence. It is a measure of a certain kind of logic and reasoning. If you are great with logic puzzles then you should do reasonably well on an IQ test.