New Years Resolutions?

Why do people care about resolutions? To me they have always been people just pussyfooting around their lack of ambition to fix their life, justifying it by saying "I'll make that my new year's reolution" where as they could start at just about any other time

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 1

• I don't do NYR as I set goals and have them until completion (or a variant of it at least) but I think people do them as the "fresh start" mentality has a strong appeal.
    Kind of like when you get a new notebook, and when you open it to a fresh page you tell yourself you're going to keep it neat and organised, one page per date and no scribbling and over the year you revert back to your usual behaviour - but having that fresh page motivated you to keep it nice

If that makes sense

0|0
    0|0
    • I understand that mentality I just believe it's inane. I'm overweight but I didn't wait until the new years to start. I started right then in October when I decided "this isn't healthy, I need to fix this"

What Guys Said 1

• The post would have had even more power if you waited until June to post it.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes