How do I stop feeling sad?

I hate my life. I used to fantasize about growing up and everything being good but now I'm 16 and I don't have those same daydreams and ability to pretend I'll be someone else one day. Reality is far too real now and I can't escape it. My family is very poor and I'm constantly worrying about what will get paid and how I will have money for certain things and I'm afraid my mom will yell at me when I ask her for money. My dad has lived an hour away for about a year now and I don't see him much, but I was never that close to him anyway. My mom is like a light switch, always turning her good moods on and off and every time I get close to her again, she shits all over me and I can't stand being hurt anymore. But somehow she always pulls me back in and I fall for it. I can't tell which is the real her, the one who cusses at me and calls me names or the one who acts like my best friend. I was molested when I was very young and it has caused so many problems for me. I have social anxiety and I don't like relationships or being around people much in general. I feel hopeless like I'll never have a husband or be able to be close to anyone except for immediate family. The worst thing is that nobody ever understands how I feel. How can I stop feeling sad all the time?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• the straight answer?

you won't, you have such clear defined ideas of what your life is meant to be, the relationships that you're meant to have, the future that you're expecting, that it's stopping you from appreciating what you have, I never knew my family, I was homeless from 14 through til 17 struggled with alcoholism until I was 21, depression still kicks me in the teeth every now and again, but I've clawed my way into some semblence of a life, one that I have worked my tail off for, and Im telling you this because if I have managed to get over all of that and succeed in, then you can absolutely do so too.

keep your chin up, there's no magic fix that someone can just give you to fix your issues, work hard, suffer when you need to, the pay off is worth it.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 4

• watch YouTube and listen to Monday by offset and that one kyle and little yachty song and praise the Lord

0|0
    0|0
  • It would greatly help if there was someone who would listen and try to compassionate. Even though it must feel hard if you have social anxiety, but there are people who care.

I actually have a friend who used to be like you in a way. She was lonely and her parents are very strict, she is also going to be blind and basically she is going through all kinds of stuff. At some point I think I used to be the only friend she had back then. But her situation is somewhat better now since she got a boyfriend and friends in general, but she always said how I helped her a lot just by listening and chatting with her.

Try finding someone to share your troubles with. It will help. If there's someone in school that you can trust, you could try them. But I see why it could be very hard thing for you to do... Or then try doing the same as like my friend did, finding someone online who will listen. But I guess that could be hard too since those people can be quite hard to find sometimes.

What comes in finding a husband, don't worry. You're a girl. There will always be someone who will fall for you, just keep care of yourself and that will happen some day. Don't stress about it too much for now. You're still young.

If you want you can even come and tell me. It helps if there's at least someone who you can open up to, and we don't need to share even our names or make it anything too close. I personally find it much easier to talk to people I don't even know, because I don't need to pretend anything to them and it doesn't matter what I say if they don't even know me in real life. Just let me know if you would want that though.

0|0
    0|0
  • (ಥ﹏ಥ)

0|0
    0|0
  • look girl i won't say anything just search the solution on google not here for your good
    the second thing. i'm poor too ' i don't have a father. i don't know my mom. but i keep god in my heart that one day all things will be good. just see the good things not the bad one nd see people who are poor than you nd say thanks to god ' please be strong for me ' if no one loves ' i do love you from my heart ' just be strong nd do what u are doing if u study keep that okey in ur studies. be strong girl be strong. nd keep god in ur heart

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

Recommended myTakes