How do I stop feeling sad?

I hate my life. I used to fantasize about growing up and everything being good but now I'm 16 and I don't have those same daydreams and ability to pretend I'll be someone else one day. Reality is far too real now and I can't escape it. My family is very poor and I'm constantly worrying about what will get paid and how I will have money for certain things and I'm afraid my mom will yell at me when I ask her for money. My dad has lived an hour away for about a year now and I don't see him much, but I was never that close to him anyway. My mom is like a light switch, always turning her good moods on and off and every time I get close to her again, she shits all over me and I can't stand being hurt anymore. But somehow she always pulls me back in and I fall for it. I can't tell which is the real her, the one who cusses at me and calls me names or the one who acts like my best friend. I was molested when I was very young and it has caused so many problems for me. I have social anxiety and I don't like relationships or being around people much in general. I feel hopeless like I'll never have a husband or be able to be close to anyone except for immediate family. The worst thing is that nobody ever understands how I feel. How can I stop feeling sad all the time?

05

Most Helpful Guy

• the straight answer?

you won't, you have such clear defined ideas of what your life is meant to be, the relationships that you're meant to have, the future that you're expecting, that it's stopping you from appreciating what you have, I never knew my family, I was homeless from 14 through til 17 struggled with alcoholism until I was 21, depression still kicks me in the teeth every now and again, but I've clawed my way into some semblence of a life, one that I have worked my tail off for, and Im telling you this because if I have managed to get over all of that and succeed in, then you can absolutely do so too.

keep your chin up, there's no magic fix that someone can just give you to fix your issues, work hard, suffer when you need to, the pay off is worth it.