English help please?

I want to say that an MMC with two-level half bridge submodule topology uses twice the number of IGBTS compared to two-level full bridge submodule topology. Or MMC with two-level half bridge submodule topology has double the number of IGBTs in a two-level full bridge...

And I wrote this ->

An MMC with two-level half bridge submodule topology requires twice the number of IGBTs of a two-level full bridge submodule topology IS MY SENTENCE CORRECT?

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

What Guys Said 1

• So, there are obviously some technical terms here that make it difficult for an average person to help. However, since you hyphenated two-level (making it a noun and not a pronoun quantifier), I would think that the correct sentence would have to be:

"An MMC with a two-level half bridge submodule topology requires twice the number of IGBTs of a two-level full bridge submodule topology."

0|1
    0|0
    • well that is actually what I have written, but the part after "of IGBTs of a two-level" did not sound right to me so I was looking for some help. So I was right

• You do see how I added an "a", right? An MMC with *a* two-level half bridge". This is because "two" in this case is part of a noun rather than a pronoun quantifier. It's "a two-level half bridge" rather than "two level half bridges".

• oh right thanks a lot mate

Recommended myTakes