First car and do you know how to drive stick?

Hello,
Just for fun,
What was your first car
Can you drive a manual

Personally:
First car was a 1997 ws6 trans am. Fun for a while but is not practical.
Can drive stick (drove for my dads company after high school)
  • Can drive a stick
    Vote A
  • No Clue
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• European so yeah... over here it's weird as hell if you can't drive with a manual gearbox (stick) automatics are few and far between. First car was a honda Civic type R. A present from my late grandfather ☺

0|0
    0|0
    • Yeah, i was surprised when i was in Mexico most mini vans are sticks, where i am (USA) its hard to find a stick lol..
      I heard that in Europe you had to drive a stick for the test or they put something on your license or something (might just be a myth)

• haha yeah most tests are taken in manuals, if you pass in an automatic they mark on the back of the licence which category vehicle you can drive, "B" being automatics, you can upgrade the licence to a manual one at a later date though

Most Helpful Girl

• First car, 2001 New Beetle Convertible, my Dad and I (mostly my Dad) rebuilt it after we bought it at an auction. New wheels, larger turbocharger, exhaust, full engine rebuild, upgraded clutch, new top and repainted, tinted windows! My guy even loves to drive it! It's fun and kinda quick for a beetle.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 22

• I had a Ford Ranger, 1990, Manual pickup for 22 years!! Loved it!! Sadly, the parts were hard to get, and it broke down.
    I prefer manual, but now I have an automatic. Hyundai. GOOD cars!! I would buy one again!!

0|0
    0|0
    • I have a 1999 Ford ranger sort 5 speed

• Show All
    • @jpeg229 When me and my guys changed out my clutch, it was actually just fine, and probably good for about another 50,000 but the dealer (LYING D-BAG SCAMMERS) said it was a 'slipping clutch, due to a worn clutch plate. The plate was fine, but we had it all pulled apart, so why not change it out!! I WILL NEVER buy FORD AGAIN, because of that LYING ASSHLE DEALER wanting $1,200 to change it out, in 1995!! Yeah, RIGHT!!
      We changed it out for $149, in parts, two cases of Foster's Beer, and thee Pizzas!!
      My experience with Ford Dealers is that they are liars and cheats!! but that is just my opinion!!!

• it could of just been the workers that were d bags. but you could of gone to a dealership that is more trust worthy. at least in my town they will be honest and fix it right hopefully

• 1999 Camry Solara

I never really learned to drive stick. I had it explained to me enough times that If I really had to I think I could get the hang of it real quick. Bit I can't and I'm really pissed about it because it's the reason my friend won't let me drive his corvette lol

0|0
    0|0
  • I can drive a stick.

I heard a story about girl who was a spoiled brat, and her parents bought her a new Jeep, a nice one. It had a stick transmission, which she didn't know how to do, and she refused to learn it, so it sat in the driveway until her parents got rid of it. I think they should have gotten rid of her, instead.

0|0
    0|0
  • My first (and current) car is a 1995 Jeep Wrangler. It's automatic. I'm willing to bet that I can't drive manual, because I've never driven manual xD

0|0
    0|0
  • 1973 Buick Regal.
    My last four cars have been manuals over the last 27 years, so yes I can.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes I can. First car I drove was my moms minivan for about 2 months till I got a 03 Chevy Impala. Whats your dad's company that you needed to know how to drive stick for?

0|0
    0|0
  • I am learning right now , to drive... and I think it was... celerio middle version , without auto shift... I mean my car...

0|0
    0|0
  • it's pretty normal here to learn to drive in a manual transmission car. it's weird when people don't know how to.

0|0
    0|0
  • My first car was a Cadillac Deville from the 90s.

And I do know how to drive a stick, yes.

0|0
    0|0
  • 2004 Ford Ranger single cab 2wd.
    I don't normally drive stick but i drove a manual to Boston and back from VA so i know i can

0|0
    0|0
  • First car that I was given was a 2011 camaro. The first car that I bought was a 2010 impala that still has never had an issue.
    I can drive a stick.

0|0
    0|0
  • we don´t drive automatic in germany xD so yeah obviously i can ^^

0|0
    0|0
  • yes, first car 98 isuzu.
    current car Audi s5
    (am 26 btw)

0|0
    0|0
  • i only knew stick shift until i came usa , so yeah i know.

0|0
    0|0
  • 1988 ford Festiva, learned to drive stick in that little old beater. still prefer a stick

0|0
    0|0
  • my frist car was a 1978 VB Holden commodore.

0|0
    0|0
  • 2012 Toyota yaris, of course it's manual

0|0
    0|0
  • Camry and yes

0|0
    0|0
  • Nissan Micra 🤘

1|0
    0|0
  • daihatsu charade
    Manual

0|0
    0|0
  • I can drive stick but it's been a while. I never owned a car

0|0
    0|0
  • The first car I owned myself was a 1990 Chevrolet Cavalier Z-24. It was manual transmission because I loved driving stick and I didn't want my parents or brother driving it. (None of them could drive stick; I learned from multiple adults outside my family.) I bought it new right out of college and I remember the payment was $329.11. I still kinda miss that car.

It's cool you can drive manual. It's getting to be an ever rarer skill, especially in the US.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 6

• Fuck it was a Nissan Titan. Like an 06? Can't drive stick. Can hardly drive automatic, my boyfriend drove.

0|0
    0|0
  • 2004 F150

It's sitting in my driveway right now because I still drive it :p

0|0
    0|0
  • my first car was a 86 camaro it was stick

0|0
    0|0
  • Honda. Can't drive manual

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes I can, where I live it's weird if you can't. First car (and current car) is a 1994 ford bronco.

0|0
    0|0
  • 98 chevy Malibu 😊

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes