Writing a story? Fiction, but want realism. If someone were swallowed alive, is survival possible, especially with the advanced human mind?

So im writing a story about a kid, Dan, who made some bad choices in life and ends up shrinking to a very tiny size. At the climax he is inadvertently knocked into a glass of iced-tea which his own mother, Joyce, is about to drink. If this senerio actually happened, how much of a chance would Dan have to survive? Any advice on how he may escape? Here's the section...

"(Splash), Dan found himself floating in the iced-tea. Suddenly a large shadow cast over him. Before he could even look up, he saw the blurred shape of his mother's hand wrap around the outside of the glass. The tea sloshed around in the glass gently as she picked it up, but to him, they were title waves. "Woah mom!" He said, hoping she saw him in there. It didn't take long for Dan to realize, she hadn't seen him at all. The liquid in the glass shifted as she tilted the glass at her lips. Dan's heart raced as he saw the tea quickly begin rushing into her mouth. Her throat opened and closed with every gulp. He screamed to his mom over and over as the tea continued to disappear into her body. All he could think to do is, swim down, swim to the bottom of the glass. "She won't drink all of it" he thought to himself. He began swimming in a panic, down down down, he was almost there. He then watched as the bottom of the glass began to pull away, further and further. He swam even harder as he realized the current had him. He swam and swam, but his mom's lips got closer and closer, and the current became stronger and stronger. He watched the outside world pull away as the waves washed him past Joyce's lips. The dark shadows surrounded him from the confinement of her mouth. He rode the rapids that washed over her tongue towards the iced-tea water fall that poured down the back of her throat, vanishing into the dark tunnel of her esophagus. He caught his last glimpse of daylight coming through the crack between her lips as he plunged down the waterfall into darkness."

Thanks for input ☺
I'm thinking Dan's chances are less than 2% as Joyce will most likely be an Unstoppable gigantic Force and the odds will most likely be completely against him. What do you think?
May have to adjust story a bit if Dan is to survive?

26

Most Helpful Guy

• Once past the epiglotis, it's lights out. What you could maybe do is have her choke on a sliver of ice cube, cough, and have Dan ejected. Provided you wrote ice into the glass...
    I envy you. I am no longer motivated to write. I was good too.
    All the best to you

Most Helpful Girl

• Stomach acid has a pH of 1.5-3.5
    The acid level is higher if the woman had eaten earlier.
    Think, when you throw up, your mouth doesn't disintegrate and you don't die screaming.
    However, people with bulimia would develop teeth, throat, and mouth issues over time.
    If he gets it in his eyes, they will burn.
    I'd say he has about 30 minutes to an hour before he needs to be rinsed off. When will he die? I dunno...

• Let's say Dan is about 1/4 of an inch. And after Joyce swallowed him she laid down watching TV and fell asleep. Course I want to make a path for him to escape maybe through her nostrils.. But let's just say this was real does Dan have a slight chance or most likely no chance?

• Well I want realism, so maybe coughing or sneezing him out would be realistic. But for some reason I feel sneezing would cause more damage depending where he landed. I think a sneeze could be completely overwhelming to a 1/4 inch tall person?

• I do appreciate your help by the way LOL😅😅