How fast do you move on from failure?

When you fail at accomplishing one of your main goals, how fast do you move on? Do you dwell on it for a while? Do you move on right away? Do you completely give up on life?

166

Most Helpful Girl

• As much as I'd like to say, I'm really great at it, most times I'm not. I'm a perfectionist and I'm really dedicated to achieving my goals once I set them, so failure is something I have a hard time accepting and moving past. I always do eventually though, can't help it if I'm grumpy in the process.

• I'm exactly the same. I'm a perfectionist too, so failing is tough.

• Yeah... I've tried, but trying to be less hard on myself makes me thing I'm sort of giving up or not trying my best, so I can't do it xD

• Exactly hahaha
      Well, I'd rather be a perfectionist than whatever the opposite word for that is lol everything has its pros and cons i guess.

Most Helpful Guy

• It depends on what it was. If it's school related, I look at what I did wrong and try to take it as a lesson.

If it was long time goal over the course of years, it would take me a few days to let it sink in then I would go back to the drawing board and ask myself "what now?"

I see failure as lessons, from bad exams to heartbreaks , I view it as a moment to improve for the future