How fast do you move on from failure?

When you fail at accomplishing one of your main goals, how fast do you move on? Do you dwell on it for a while? Do you move on right away? Do you completely give up on life?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• As much as I'd like to say, I'm really great at it, most times I'm not. I'm a perfectionist and I'm really dedicated to achieving my goals once I set them, so failure is something I have a hard time accepting and moving past. I always do eventually though, can't help it if I'm grumpy in the process.

0|2
    0|0
    • I'm exactly the same. I'm a perfectionist too, so failing is tough.

• Show All
    • Yeah... I've tried, but trying to be less hard on myself makes me thing I'm sort of giving up or not trying my best, so I can't do it xD

• Exactly hahaha
      Well, I'd rather be a perfectionist than whatever the opposite word for that is lol everything has its pros and cons i guess.

Most Helpful Guy

• It depends on what it was. If it's school related, I look at what I did wrong and try to take it as a lesson.

If it was long time goal over the course of years, it would take me a few days to let it sink in then I would go back to the drawing board and ask myself "what now?"

I see failure as lessons, from bad exams to heartbreaks , I view it as a moment to improve for the future

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 15

• I'm the worst when it comes to encountering failure. I can't count how many hobbies I had given up because of it. I only keep going when I excel at something. My friends find it strange that my interests change from time to time. Persevering, I think, is a waste of time.

0|1
    0|0
  • I dwell.. i'm not good with failing.. but if i start to succeed then i feel better again.. i don't tend to give up unless i feel powerless for it to change.

0|1
    0|0
    • So you need to succeed in something else to kind of give you a boost and stop dwelling on your failure?
      Would you try one more time to accomplish that goal if you could?

• Yes pretty much.. otherwise i just feel crappy about myself most of time.. for example lately i'm not doing so well at poker but before i was.. things like that.

and yes i do go back to things and try again plus i do realize if you never try anything thats probably just as bad if not worse than failing.. but my fear of failing is pretty bad.

• i move on pretty quick. i don't like to dwell.. sometimes you win & sometimes you lose. sometimes you're on a high and other time's you're low... i feel like learning how to be resilient to failure and not giving up despite any hardships/obstacles is a really important lesson to learn. i just try and be better and learn from my failures

0|1
    0|0
  • Very. Failure has always been really good for me. It usually forces me to figure out my crap and figure out if it was really what I wanted in the first place if so then it means I got to fight harder and really bring it and if not I have to go and reflect on what I really want and need. Failure is a good thing in my opinion if you are paying attention it can show you a lot and soemtimes you end up stumbling into soemthign even better.

0|1
    0|0
  • I completely give up on life and cry about it for a while. It takes me forever to move on

0|2
    0|0
  • The failures I've experienced revolve around my studies. I feel sad for a while but I eventually pick myself up to try again. Though I thank myself for failing that class since at least I understand the subject better.

0|1
    0|0
  • Give me a solid week. 2 days of freaking out a bit, 3 days of mourning over it, and 2 days to get back into my groove.

0|1
    0|0
  • Depends on how bad I failed. But I usually don't handle stuff like that well, even though it seems to happen to me often.

0|1
    0|0
  • I think I take about a week or two. I start over. I am going through constant change this year. For example, if I start a goal, by the middle of it, my views change and now I want to aim for something else.

Wow, now that I am writing about it, it makes sense.
    Basically by the time I am in the middle of it, I realize I actually want to or it would be better to do something else...

this means that I have to do a certain things even if I stop in the middle of it, to get to that big goal of mine.

Whatever is happening is meant to be, I am on the right track. The only time these failures or changes would play against me is when I stop making progress and give up.

0|1
    0|0
  • it takes me years. literally. if a goal is -that- important to me.

0|1
    0|0
  • I usually just bounce right back there's always tomorrow...

0|1
    0|0
  • I feel really low for few days or weeks...

0|1
    0|0
  • I never give up till l achieve it

0|1
    0|0
  • I usually move on pretty fast.

0|1
    0|0
  • I get over it pretty fast...

0|1
    0|0
    • I am very used to failing, it's a normal part of life. We all fail at some point.

What Guys Said 5

• It depends. I usually get right back to things, sometimes I need a day or two to get back and a few times in my life I got really depressed and dropped completely gave up for a while.

0|1
    0|0
  • All it takes me is one inspirational song and if nothing works then a song of Taylor swift till her album red, is even capable of rising me from the dead.

0|1
    0|0
  • some mark your soul so depends on how fast you pull the trigger

0|1
    0|0
  • From WHAT?

0|1
    0|0
  • Somes fast and sometimes slow

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes