I keep on searching to find Armin Meiwes's secret footage about how he killed and ate his willing victim. Am I sick?

I don't know why I want to watch it, I know cannibalism is horrible, but somehow I just want to find the video and watch it. It's a 2-hour film that has never been published because it was too brutal. I desperately want to watch it, and I think I might be sick. I love watching serial killer-documentaries, or psychopaths talk for hours on youtube. It's almost become an obsession. And now I'm looking everywhere for that video, and I'm getting scared.

15

Most Helpful Guy

• Are you even sure that the video is available? Was footage of it ever released online?

You say that you might be sick but in reality there are a lot of people with morbid curiosities. It is often more about exploring your fears in a safe environment, it doesn't make you a psychopath. You should consider that someone actually died though, try not to remove the human element from the story or overlook it.

There is nothing particularly impressive in being able to watch online gore videos, many people already do and if anything they are usually social misfits rather than anything dangerous.

• It is said that the video is somewhere on the dark side of internet. I know the awful things that did happen, and I take that in account.

• I would just leave it alone, I can't see what value it would give you. People do horrific things every single day somewhere in the world. ISIS have made that a hobby. They have drowned people in a steel cage, thrown people off buildings, run people over with tanks, blown them up with bombs around their necks or on their backs, etc. There is a lot of brutality out there and to focus on it too much can distort your view of the world. There is also a lot of good happening out there every day. It would be more rewarding to watch what doctors and nurses do around the world every day, rather than what sick criminals do.

• But good behavior is so simple. I know why people do good things. I do good things, more than bad things. I do it because that is more rewarding, and it makes me feel good. I can understand that. I want to have an understanding of all behaviour, not just the good things that happen, I dunno.
      And what ISIS do doesn't really interest me in the same way. Because that isn't as complex, they do it because of some fucked up writings in the quran and a too strong belief. They are sick in their own way.

Most Helpful Girl