What does it mean when someone says you have aristrocratic looks?

That girl told me that today and asked "Haven't you been told before?"
Actually, I've been told 2 times before that.
Is it good or bad?
They meant it as a compliment but I don't get how a person can have aristocratic appearance.
What make people think so?

312

Most Helpful Guy

• Of course you can.. although the word aristocratic isn't used often nowadays at least in my country (U. S.) you can usually tell what a man does for a living based off how he dresses. Blue jeans vs dress pants beard vs clean shaven tan or pale.. aristocratic people rarely wear clothes you can work in. By wearing expensive dresses heels jewelry long nails etc..(or a suite and tie and pale skin as a man) you are at least subconsciously communicating to others that you do not need to work. It can also just mean that person has a white collar job but that is probably what they mean when they say that. Its not a bad thing at all.. think of how it would feel if people often assumed you low class poor and trashy.

Most Helpful Girl

• Maybe because you are well spoken and straightforward. You know what you want and you work for it. And also the way you dressed shows that you know what fits your personality and mood.