Anyone: Do you think that love is overrated or underrated?

Hey, ladies and gents. Another poll here for you guys to vote on! If you wish, please comment any information you may want to share that is not in the poll. Thanks, everyone.
  • Love is underrated. There is such a lack of love in this modern world.
  • Love is overrated. The last thing we need is more love.
  • Other (please specify in comment section)
    Vote C

105

Most Helpful Girl

• A bit of both.
    Love is not entirely overrated in that, when you do 'find' it (which again is misleading because you do have to put actual effort into falling, versus just sitting on your ass and expecting your prince charming and whatnot to saunter up on his own), it's great. One of the best feelings/things to experience.

Love is, if anything, a bit overrated because many seem to think that, once you do find what seems to be 'love', that it'll flourish on it's own. Which is very wrong- love, even if it is genuinely felt on both sides, takes constant maintenance. It's not going to be a constant nirvana, and there'll most certainly be a lot of downs along with the ups. Many may think that means it's not 'real' love, which is incorrect- real love involves humans who, unlike in most rom-coms, are not perfect and will inevitably go through conflicts of interest sooner or later.

Most Helpful Guy

• Love is such a subjective thing, it means different things to different people and you can't get a unified definition across the board. It can be confused with so many other states of being emotional. People can believe that they have found it in minutes. I believe that it is something built over time and with effort.

I think that the most solid version of love is rewarding. It is not the be all and end all of life. You can have a shit load of fun without love. It just depends on how stable you are internally, as to how much it dominates your life as a concept.

• Well thought out, man. I see love as a willingness to give selflessly to others of either your time or your services. I don't see love as emotional. Love is a conscious choice, and that choice becomes reinforced the more you practice it.