Anyone: Do you think that love is overrated or underrated?

Hey, ladies and gents. Another poll here for you guys to vote on! If you wish, please comment any information you may want to share that is not in the poll. Thanks, everyone.
  • Love is underrated. There is such a lack of love in this modern world.
    Vote A
  • Love is overrated. The last thing we need is more love.
    Vote B
  • Other (please specify in comment section)
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• A bit of both.
    Love is not entirely overrated in that, when you do 'find' it (which again is misleading because you do have to put actual effort into falling, versus just sitting on your ass and expecting your prince charming and whatnot to saunter up on his own), it's great. One of the best feelings/things to experience.

Love is, if anything, a bit overrated because many seem to think that, once you do find what seems to be 'love', that it'll flourish on it's own. Which is very wrong- love, even if it is genuinely felt on both sides, takes constant maintenance. It's not going to be a constant nirvana, and there'll most certainly be a lot of downs along with the ups. Many may think that means it's not 'real' love, which is incorrect- real love involves humans who, unlike in most rom-coms, are not perfect and will inevitably go through conflicts of interest sooner or later.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Love is such a subjective thing, it means different things to different people and you can't get a unified definition across the board. It can be confused with so many other states of being emotional. People can believe that they have found it in minutes. I believe that it is something built over time and with effort.

I think that the most solid version of love is rewarding. It is not the be all and end all of life. You can have a shit load of fun without love. It just depends on how stable you are internally, as to how much it dominates your life as a concept.

1|1
    0|0
    • Well thought out, man. I see love as a willingness to give selflessly to others of either your time or your services. I don't see love as emotional. Love is a conscious choice, and that choice becomes reinforced the more you practice it.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 9

• I think that people should stop with all this over the top self love. and actually put that energy towards other people through kindness and respect. not saying don't love yourself, but spread some of that love to others around you as well.

1|0
    0|0
  • It isn't overrated but people act like you're an incomplete person if you're not married by 30.

0|1
    0|0
    • So true. I've seen 50 year olds get married for the first time.

• people underestimate the power of love and it's capabilities

0|2
    0|0
  • I don't think love should be rated. To each their own.

0|0
    0|1
  • exacerbated chemical reaction

1|0
    0|0
    • Even if this is so, why is it the way it is? We know it boils down to chemicals, but beyond a molecular level, why are the molecules even the molecules they are they become the things that create the thing we call love or anything else for that matter?

I think this capacity to feel and reason are underrated, which is why I'm making these points.

• it's neither

0|0
    0|0
  • I think love makes life worth living <3

0|0
    0|0
  • Overrated

0|1
    0|1
  • it's overrated

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 4

• Nice question.. But it's definitely underrated.. People get in strong feelings, and let they emotions rule them, and call it love... Love is an action.. This world lacks love, and like igotabae said people underestimate love and it's powerful capabilities..

0|1
    0|0
    • Yes, love is definitely a conscious choice. Emotion is not love, it's the body's reaction to the affection you receive from a partner. Love is something you show through selflessness.

• Exactly...

• Extremely overrated. It's a myth, and yet there is so much bullshit propaganda about it, we're constantly told that we HAVE to have someone that 'loves' us, that we're worthless unless we have a 'special someone'.

Bullshit. I don't own any unicorns, either. That doesn't mean that I'm somehow less.

0|1
    0|0
    • I agree that we do not NEED someone to love us, as long as we can love ourselves. I see love as the act or giving selflessly of yourself to another person, not just emotion alone.

• Meh. I guess maybe you should have put some kind of definition of what kind of love you were talking about in your question or the description beneath.

• It's all how you perceive it man! No right or wrong answers :)

• Love love love love love luh luh love makes the world go round

0|0
    0|0
  • depends on who your with and how much it matters to you

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes