Do you wear your heart on your sleeve?

I didn't use to be like that, but I've noticed recently, since a few months back, I've started to be more open about my feelings.
Usually when I liked a girl I tried to be more reserved about how I felt about her and didn't tell her much, but now I don't care, I just say how I feel... and honestly, it feels great, even if it doesn't go as good as you wanted it to be, you still feel some sort of relief.

So what about you?
  • Yes, always
  • Sometimes, I wanna do it more often
  • Sometimes, I wanna do it less often
    Vote C
  • No, never
    Vote D
  • Only with certain people
    Vote E
  • Other
    Vote F

94

Most Helpful Girl

• I used to, now you would have to pry me open with a crowbar to get to my feelings. I've had one too many bad experiences with letting people in and now I can't help but shut everyone out. Recently I messed up a relationship opportunity with a guy that I really liked because I held back how I felt about him so much.

• That's exactly why I'm trying to be more open. I feel like I've missed many opportunities with great girls because I haven't been more honest about my feelings, so now I'm trying to be more open. I'd rather be rejected for being open, than missing a chance with a great girl.

You should try work yourself out of this hole.

• That's awesome! I'm glad in the end it all turned out good :) Best of luck in your relationship

• Thank you! It really means a lot.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes and no, it depends on the feeling I guess but in general I don't tend to be very emotional. I mean I am good natured and I do like people but deeper or stronger emotions tend to be repressed. I tend towards analytical so I don't usually like a girl enough to be really expressive until after dating. However if asked I will be very up front about it, I don't really care about being called out or what not so that isn't really the issue its more of trying to go about it in the most efficient (and usually most informed) way possible. Though to be fair while many women are physically attractive I have not met many that I find mentally attractive so I don't usually go after all that many women. As for in other circumstances I am honest with my emotions but I don't show them really, again it tends to be analytical rather then something that I feel, if that makes sense.