Tips for writing a story?

One in particular is- what sort of interesting things could I add to a YA story (realistic fiction)?

713

Most Helpful Guy

• right well... thats open ended AF, you need to outline the plot, character motivations in question, setting would help, a brief synopsis of the area you need critiquing or improved...

its not as easy as asking a bunch of strangers "hey whats an interesting story?"

as for tips;

1 you can never plan too much, build an entire world to show the reader a single city, its what Tolkein did and... well need I say more

2 have people who are interested in critiquing the work honestly, not friends who will just pander to your ego

3 define your characters opening mindset and the mindset they have at the finale, everything else will change and these probably will too but it gives you two firm bookends (ha) that allow a lot of easy development

4 try not to use the standard tropes, if you do at least try to make them unique

5 a professional typesetter and proofreader can be the difference between being published or rejected

just a few tips.

Most Helpful Girl

• My teacher told me i was the best writer in the class. All i really do is pretend the story was real. one thing i will say is BE DETAILED. use figurative language.