Do you think every human can be a soldier?

I'm not sure if every human is capable of being a soldier. Obviously people with mental health issues and or physical disabilities can't be soldiers but what about everyone else. Can every "fit for service" person be a soldier or is it a skill that you have be born with? Notice what the Marine recruiting slogan says.
Do you think every human can be a soldier?

• Yes, everyone that is fit service can be a soldier, fighting is a primal instinct
    Vote A
  • Nope, just because they are fit for service doesn't mean they have what it takes, only a select few can be soldiers
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I am not a soldier. I can't even handle first shooter video games. I always panic and can't handle myself. I will just shoot my load and then get shot to death. I can not reason or plan. I panic and die. Always... without exception.

I should never be allowed to be a soldier. I will get others killed as well as myself.

0|4
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Nope, just because they are fit for service doesn't mean they have what it takes, only a select few can be soldiers

0|2
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 2

• I think everyone can but not the soldier of the war. There's many kind of soldier so a place for everyone but I don't think everyone have the mental strength to see the wars and all by their eyes.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes when they are educated well they can be anythw

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 28

• vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/.../latest

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gotK5DLdVvI

I think being a soldier is not for every person on this planet regardless if they are physically and/or mentally qualified or not.

Not everyone will agree to just become a soldier even if there was a draft and conscription service, I mean take a look at Muhammad Ali:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vd9aIamXjQI

I'm sure Ali was "fit for service" to be a soldier at the time, but he refused, because he is able to 'think' and to 'act' for himself, for what he believed in, rather than being TOLD what is "right"

0|1
    0|0
  • No, if you take the current population of a developed country. Yes, if you have a population that has been traumatized deeply and/or are willing to indoctrinate child-soldiers. Of course in the latter situation you end up with a mentally seriously f'ed up population after the war.

0|1
    0|0
  • my mental health and those things are fine
    but I can't shoot an animal or human
    if I would have to I'd become emotionally a wreck probably
    so no not everyone is fit for soldier life

0|2
    0|0
  • in my opinion, being a soldier is a job, anyone can do that.. Being a good soldier, a capable leader, that's the difference.

0|1
    0|0
  • Have you ever seen how they fought in ancient wars with swords and shields?

I could never do that.

0|2
    0|0
  • I think this question is a little misguiding. What does this soldier fight for? Do they know? Can they begin to explain every facet of themselves and those around them that summed up their totality and the totality of the things around them?

I think "fit for service" relies heavily on context. Servicing who? Fit how? Maybe fit in the sense of a chess piece, unaware that one could just be a pawn in a game being pulled to and fro things beyond their understanding. Fit in the game that is being played.
    Or maybe fit in the sense of bravery, but I believe there's a difference between what is brave and what is right.

Bravery is blind pride, whereas what is right is impartial. Being brave doesn't mean you're doing what is right.

0|0
    0|0
    • @Kant23 well that makes two of us, I like the way you responded and think. Think and act for yourself. I believe we should only fight and die for what WE BELIEVE, not for being TOLD what is "right", or for oil, or for money. Check my response.

• @JudgementDay

Martin Luther King Jr comes to mind.

"And on some positions, it is necessary for the moral individual to take a stand that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must do it because it is right."

Maybe that quote can serve you as it has for me, as I respect your position.

• I think we all could be. But you need a good reason to be one. I could get primal and be a soldier, even if I am a pacifist. But I lack a reason to do so. My vision of the world makes violence illogical. But sure, I can be, but I will never want to be, so I'd prefer dying than killing. If I fight back, it's to stop the conflit, and that is through technique that does not inflict pain. Or via talking to stop before it happens.

So deep down we can all be. But your primal fighter needs to be stronger than your psyche. Or else, if you have mental health issue like you said, or a strong sense of pacifism, non violence, or a reason to avoid conflict, you will never let your primal side rise.

0|0
    0|0
  • I believe every person who is fit and sane is capable of finding a military job. As for being a soldier, some people are very morally opposed to killing. But other than that, people can get used to anything.

0|0
    0|0
  • Im a marine, we are not soliders. Not everyone is fit for it however the Marine Corps will push you even when you've given up on yourself. To enstill honor, courage and commitment in those that have none is the first step.

0|0
    0|0
  • The Roman general Vegetius said "few are born brave. Many become so through training and force of discipline." I think that's largely true. Also depends a lot what you're fighting for too...

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope I know an old guy that served and hates the military with a passion for putting him through it. A lot of the people that talk good about it are either cold hearted or feed lies of glory. PTSD is not glory and no I will never serve. Sure someone need to do It and many people talk good about it, however my uncle served in Vietnam and the rule is no asking about it cause it was horrible and sent many people into a dark place that caused a lot of suicide. Much like seeing an old cigarette commercial you forget that it kills you if you fall into the system. A lot of my first are in the army as trades man but anyone who thinks a normal person can just pick up a gun and kill another person needs a look into the real world. Serve as a trades man for the army yes, combat medic/ frontline no!

1|1
    0|1
  • Everyone can become a soldier,
    Soldiers don't born but made. However, it's very easy for those who haave military background...
    They grow up in an environment where these value are fused,

0|0
    0|0
    • Please do watch a movie "Lakshya"(aim or goal ) . Hrithik Roshan and pretty zinta. Its all about that.
      One of my favourite movie.

• Because I'm autistic, they would probably send me home right away before I get my head shaved! I'd probably cry if I lost my precious hair!

0|1
    0|0
  • No. Reason being is because no one really likes to put their well being in harms way especially for a potential war they didn't start. Lol

0|1
    0|0
  • Marines are a pretty high standard, but the army will probably accept you if you can pass PT.

0|0
    0|0
  • No they can't. Very few have what it takes. Women cannot be soldiers, just to get it out there.

0|1
    0|0
  • Most, but not all.

Rejection rates during the world wars weren't negligible.

0|0
    0|0
  • 1 st option anyone can fight even the nerds that don't even have the power to hold a gun.
    2 rd option "capitain america"

0|0
    0|0
  • Im in the elite class because you have to goto hell back without losing your mind to be the best of the best

0|0
    0|0
  • everyone is soldier at own way
    you are facing lots of problems everyday , if you stand against it you are soldier

0|0
    0|0
  • no not everyone is a soldier it depends on people who they actual are

0|1
    0|0
  • No. In fact, MOST don't have what it takes.

1|2
    0|0
  • nop nop

0|1
    0|0
  • um nope

0|1
    0|0
  • Even children can be soldiers

0|0
    0|1
  • people with Mental health issues can't be a soldier. Umm no dude most soldiers have mental health issues.
    Any one can do it, but its just like sports everyone can throw a baseball but few can put 100 mph in a strike zone.
    There are good and bad soldiers

0|1
    0|0
    • Not really, the only way you can be a soldier if you have mental health issues is if you sign a waiver and even that is not a guarantee that they'll recruit you. I don't know about other armies but our Army (US army) has list of mental health issues that could disqualify a person from enlisting.

• Show All
    • I guess that's how some people bypass the psychological exam.

• The issue is theyre insnt one its expensive and time consuming.

• Nope but it takes 9 solders to keep 1 guy on the grounds supplied

0|1
    0|0
  • Nope. Takes a special kinda person to blindly follow any order to given to them, trust the government with their life, and kill people they've never met.

0|2
    0|0
    • 😂😂😂 While government officials are sitting at home watching the football game and eating a steak then to have sex with their woman while soldiers are being shot and bombed at...

• Yupp

Recommended myTakes