Who is your favorite philosopher, if you have one?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I love any philosph who makes you seek who you are when you remove your thoughts. I always feel like people only identify with their brains and what the braina think, but not enough people think about what they are when they don't think at all (like you know, when you are a kid and you do without thinking? Already happened to everyone, even later on, when you loose track of time, your mind isn't busy thinking anymore and you just enjoy the moment? To me that is you.)

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Hmm. stirner.

>be so skeptical that you think nothing but your mind exist

>start milk business, investors ask where the money is
    >tfw the entire time you weren't charging for milk because money doesn't truly exist

2|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 21

• Gorgias, Schopenhauer, Feyerabend, cioran, Heidegger, Spinoza, de maistre, Arendt, and finkielkaut
    just too many lol

2|0
    0|0
  • Hard one, it's between;

Hegesias of Cyrene
    Kierkegaard
    Jacobi

if I had to choose?

Kierkegaard.

2|1
    0|0
  • Neitzche had some baller ideas. As did Carl Jung. The stoic philosophers were bad ass. I don't know my favorite though.

1|1
    0|0
  • whoever did the allegory of the cave. I did something of a parody of it that I find amusing.

1|0
    0|0
  • Diogenes, by merit of living in a barrel and being cheeky to Alexander the Great.

2|1
    0|0
  • im gunna be original and say Yamamoto Tsunetomo, he wrote the Hagakure book of the samurai

1|0
    0|0
  • too many to count, john locke for politics and soren kierkgaard for existentialism.

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm into philosophy but I guess Machiavelli if you want to call him a philosopher.

1|0
    0|0
    • I mean "not into philosophy" oops.

• Show All
    • @Poop2468 I don't know, I'm not into philosophy.

• He is, but he wouldn't have thought of himself in that way. He kind of singlehandedly created political philosophy proper in the course of writing political & historical commentary

• I don't really know anymore. I take part of each philosophy to my own. so I have a mix

0|0
    0|0
  • Bob Marley...

1|0
    0|0
  • Socrates. One of the wisest men who ever lived.

2|1
    1|0
  • Socrates

2|0
    0|0
  • Kant! Especially on Aesthetics and of the Sublime.

1|0
    0|0
  • Locke

1|1
    0|0
  • Edmund Burke

0|0
    0|0
  • Charvaka

1|0
    0|0
  • roosh v
    Lmgdao
    (laugh my god dawm ass off

0|0
    0|0
  • Richard Dawkins?

0|0
    0|0
  • my dad when angry

1|0
    0|0
  • Chanakya

0|0
    0|0
  • mine is r n tagore

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• Marx would be a little obvious, I guess :P I'll give my favourite non-political philosopher (which rules out Rouseau, too, unfortunately) - it's a tough choice, but I'll say Heraclitus, or Cioran.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes