Girls, if during childbirth only one of you live... would you save yourself or your newborn?

Scenario:
Apparently your pregnancy is going good. All good till during childbirth. Just then, the doctors explained you the terrible situation and give you two options...

- Apply anesthesia or meds on you... you'll get better but the baby's chance of living is low to slim... he/she can die while you live.
- Don't apply anything and the baby has a higher chance of being healthy but you're at high risk and can die.

Inspired by this story:

• I'll save myself.. don't wanna die
  • I'll give up my life for my newborn

24

Most Helpful Girl

• Until we're in this position I don't really think anyone is able to give a full answer.

But as at now I'd choose myself. I know it would destroy my husband if I made that choice and left him when parenthood is something we were meant to do together. If I just happened to pass away without a choice, that's one thing but choosing to leave him alone goes against everything I promised when I married him

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE