For those who have the Nintendo Switch how is it and is it worth it?

So i been on the fence on the Nintendo Switch since it's been out i want to get it but i don't want to waste a couple of 100 dollars on it and not enjoy it there's only one game that's out i want and there's another one that's coming out in 2 or so months. So what's y'all opinion on the system if you have it? For those who have the Nintendo Switch how is it and is it worth it?

• It's worth it
  • It's not worth it
Select a gender to cast your vote:
Even if you don't have it your more than welcome to reply even if you someone has had the Nintendo Switch 😊
Thank you for everyone's opinion and for y'alls vote on the poll this is the closest poll on this 😊

1325

Most Helpful Girl

• My cousin recently bought it for his birthday and we played together, it's definitely cool and he loves it.

Most Helpful Guy

• If you already have and Xbox or PS4 and want a second system it is worth it because of the portability and Nintendo games.
    There is still no eshop for the classic Nintendo games.
    Disgaea 5 is a good strategy RPG, and Zelda and Mario Kart are good. It has Minecraft if you like that. There isn't really much else worth playing on it. Maybe the remade Blaster Master for $10.

What Girls Said 12

• My brother has it, it seems cool but the games are waaay too expensive... wouldn't say it's worth it as for now...

• My mum likes it, I haven't had the chance to play on it yet

• We don't have it yet but my best friend does and she thinks it's pretty amazing.

• I was on the fence for a while too but I'm glad I bought it.

• Tbh, I say you should wait until it gets cheaper and more games are available.

• I wasn't too impressed with a lot of the games cause most of them I wouldn't even play or care to play. But ever since I've seen super mario odyssey, I think I might get one later on in the future.

• Good console. I recommend it to anyone and everyone.

• does not look worth it , honestly.

• I dont like the games

• WTF?

• i bought one about a month and a half ago because they were finally back in stock after months if not being and i was lucky enough to grab one of the last ones at best buy. i have been playing it very often because it is that entertaining. it's easy to use and very portable. some people complain that the joy cons are too small, but because i have really little hands, they aren't really that small for me. my boyfriend has way larger hands than me and he said they aren't that small either. i guess it's all on how someone views it and preference.

i would buy one because there's a ton of games out now compared to when i got one in early June.

by the way... the reason i bought a nintendo switch was because i was getting very tired of all my other video games because i've beaten them all multiple times. and once you do that in a video game more than 2 times, or could beat the game with your eyes closed, it gets extremely boring and easy really fast lol

• It's worth it for my boyfriend because he few up playing the games so it's a walk down memory lane for him.

What Guys Said 24

• I didn't get it, however, I'll tell you something else. I got the system that is the pre-cursor system that lead to the development of the Switch: the Nvidia Shield Tablet K1:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwEMt5Uw6rA

Something tells me that if it wasn't for Nintendo approaching Nvidia, then Nvidia would not have cancelled a third generation of their gaming tablet, and maybe we would have had a Nvidia Shield X1 Tablet INSTEAD OF the Nintendo Switch.

Because around that same time frame Nvidia had the plans to develop their 3rd generation tablet as a successor to the K1 until Nintendo had approach them around and entered into a business talks and finalized a contract with Nvidia to provide the hardware for their Nintendo Switch; the Nvidia Tegra X1 SoC boards

source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tegra#Tegra_X1

Decide what you really want man. The Switch is $299.99 and the Shield Tablet was $199.99, although the price went up since it had been discontinued as of this year, but you might be able to score one for cheaper on eBay and sometimes they are sold as a bundle with a controller included.

• I'd stick it out a little longer. That's what I'm doing.

The Switch doesn't even support streaming services like Netflix and Hulu yet (which should've been a release feature if you ask me). Nintendo claims that they will "probably, eventually" be added, but I can't chance it. Since I don't have T. V. service, I literally will not have any outlet for video streaming if I sell my PS4 and buy a Switch before it adds support.

Missing such a hugely important feature like that invalidates the Switch as a legitimate competitor to consoles that are 4 years older. Which is just downright sad.

That is just one example of where the Switch is behind. It seems like they rushed the release and have very little to offer for it (a mistake that is far from uncharacteristic of Nintendo).

If Nintendo wants to push the Switch as a capable gaming system, they seriously need to get their shit together and play some catch-up.

• i dont have one but a mate of mine got it... he sold it couple months later so by sounds of things not really... that being said also depends on the games you like he (as well as i ) only thinking of getting it for monster hunter

• that's sold on many consoles tho, I've got it on the pap, and I think it's on the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, surely it's on the PS4 and Xbox 1

• I love and hate the customisation of the game how you make everything. I can get really into it finding and mining and obviously killing, but then I just get bored cus that's all there is to it. There's not too much of a story and I like that in games, how's the newer one is it any different to the one on the Wii.

• oh i spent days and days just farming for stuff hunting and hunting, stockpiling but i loved playing with everyone. . and got quite good at it started a collection of armor and swords. . jhan was by far best and most favorite to hunt followed by deviljho

• This is also something I'd like to know lol. I'd probably wait until it goes on sale before buying one though.

• It's a Nintendo. If you want fun games that are the ultimate nostalgia engines, it's the console that'll do it.

Mario Odyssey, Smash, Mario Kart, Mario Party, LoZ, Donkey Kong (Country preferably), Metroid Prime, etc. How can you go wrong with any of those?

• You missed out Zelda that's a main reason a lot of people buy Nintendo and Pokemon as an after thought

• It'll be interesting to see how they go forward with the series, because apparently in the timeline of events, Pokemon Go is game 0, and Sun and Moon represent the end of the present timeline (think X-Men Days of future passed).

• Haven't been keeping track I sorta gave up after black and white, think heartgold ended up being my fav.

• I barely even heard of it.. LOL.. They come out with new Nintendo systems fast.. LOL.. It looks nice.. I might get it..

• Yeah I've got it and have played almost 200 hours of Zelda. It is one of the best games ever. Mario Kart and Arms are also fun for multiplayer. I can't wait for Splatoon to release this week. This is the best Nintendo console in a long time and I highly recommend it.

• gonna be honest. there are not a lot of games but they are good. also more good stuff is gonna get released soon so... you might was well get in now

• It’s worth it for zelda. I got it and I’ve had a lot of fun playing it since it’s came out. There aren’t really many games for it but breath of the wild takes a bit of time if you want to do the side quests. Mario Kart is fun on it and then in October MARIO will be out so that’ll be another game I’m looking forward to.

• They make the same old shit every few years. I've bought my kids wii and wii u in the past and it's the same games over and over ever since I owned the original nes the super nes way back when

• Pretty much everything on it thus far is ported WiiU games. I would wait until Christmas or next year and see why else is coming out before I spent that much money on a barely portable underpowered console with overpriced controllers.

• I'd say pick up a bundle. the library is smaller but the games are solid. except has been heroes. that game is far better suited to keyboard and mouse

• I haven't bought it either and I would like to know as well

• I have played it and it's pretty worth in my opinion.

• Dunno, I haven't bough a console since 2011 when the ps3 was hacked.

• There's only 2 games on it that I want to play; so nty.

• it's not worth it... no debate

• I don't like consoles
    👹👹 PC gamer 👹👹

• It's a $100 Zelda machine and worth every penny.

• Trash

• it's cool, but not worth $300.

• I have it, and it's definitely worth it. BotW is the best Zelda game to date, and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is also a really fun game.
    Splatoon 2 is coming out in 5 days, which is another great game.

• I'd really like to play Deluxe.. but that damn thing is just too expensive right now. I really hope it is worth it!

• Oh yeah, Zelda is the other game I was thinking about when seeing the Switch.

• @Lopezz1999 Yeah that's one of the games i been thinking about when the Switch came out 😊

• I'd recommend playstation and xbox

• I have the Ps4 (which I'm really enjoying) and i had the Xbox One but i got rid of it 😊

• What about pc gaming

• I'm not a pc person 😊

• Get it. Worth it. So bad.