I'm an extremely emotional person. What can I do to keep it under control?

What Guys Said 19

• Because you are a girl and that's how many girls are. It has to do with the different biology of women. Women have different types and levels of chemical hormones (serotonin, oxytocin e. t. c) to men. I did it in my psychology class in my 1st year back in Uni. Can't remember most of it now. Don't worry it's quite normal.

It depends on what you use your emotions for. You can channel them to love, compassion, empathy, and caring for others.

Or you can be a nag and be fueled by negative energy. No one can help you, its a personal choice a lot of women have to make at some point in their life.

• 0|0
  • You should find some creative outlets for your emotions. It could be things like writing, drawing, or playing music. Writing a journal is the easiest one to do though and helps you vent things out

• Then I would seek additional help from a therapist if you feel like you can't control your emotions. Good luck buddy

• I understand, I am also a very emotional person (being a male) and that's is not considered a good thing in the society, but hey society doesn't rule your life, you rule your own life :) .. I've learned that before reacting to anything (whether it makes you sad or hurt or angry), a person needs to think why or how did such thing happen? and then find the root of the problem related to it and destroy it.. don't dwell into it.. I used to dwell into it and it just made me kept thinking and I started self-pitying.. but not Everytime your wrong, so first think of why it did happen, if it did happen because of a reason related to you then I suggest you talk about it with that person directly, but if it has nothing to do with you then you stay calm and enjoy every moment of your life :) .. it's simple.. there's a saying that " we humans, tend to make things:
    1. Complicated
    OR
    2. Simple
    the choice is yours.. "
    And also find a person to talk to like family members or a best friend that you can trust.. talk to them, express yourself to them and then trust me you'll feel great and happy that someone guides you and listens to you :)

• Thanks one question tho? What if I just refuse to open up about anything?

• hmmm, don't be sad, just try it.. I hope you'll notice a difference

• try to be more conscious about how much of ur emotions go to who and what, try to be more honest with yourself. and definitely be more open or have someone to speak ur mind to. I'm always open to talk, just on different apps lol. PM here isn't the best

• Yea. I don't have Kik also I don't trust anyone anymore at this point.

• Learn to spot in advance when your feelings risk going out of control, and take a distance at the right moment.

• Understand that that is all it is - just feelings. Women as a whole tend to put too much stock in their roller-coaster of feelings, that everyone should know about them. Consider it's just your feelings, nothing more.

• 1. its better to be unemotional eg for some reason I can't cry unless I literally force myself two (havent proven it yet but I haven't cried in like 4 years)
    2. probably just rethink things before you react and look at the bigger picture

• I always look at the bigger picture. I can force myself to cry and not to cry but I'm not reacting to something or someone half the time.

• I guess just looking at it from another perspective would help I guess

• Lol yea.

• Learn coping mechanisms, like breathing techniques when the feeling arises.
    But ultimately, you need to find the source of your feelings and take ownership of them.

• well, first, I think you have to make a conscious effort to not react to things
    and to think through your reactions to events that take place.

and that's the key, thinking of things as just a sequence of events that have a comic value. true maturity is when you could laugh at your misery and smile like a fool.

• I have but the first part to not react has nothing to do with me being as emotional as I am.

• that's one of the healthy outlet I was referring to, don't stop

• Yea I just lost the motive for it.

• write it all down in a journal.

• give some emotions to me.

• I'm a very emotional person so my advice is think positive.

• Oh sometimes im being emotional person , but then im wtihning the "Real life" . Thats makine me so serious after than

• Once you grow up a bit you'll get rid of that tendency.

• thats not a issue, being selfish and emotional is the issue. just think of others and when your emotional outbursts hurts others stop yourself and apologize

• I always think of others' well-being that I will neglect my own.

• oh, then there's nothing wrong, baby girl... being emotional and positive is amazing you are a gift for everyone around

• Honestly, i cannot say that you can keep it under control, its just gonna get worse as you grow older, after getting "burnt" for a while you begin to adapt. My only advice is to just get used to it

• I been like this since 2nd grade. I don't want it to continue

• I see, you should see a specialist about this, talk to your parents. There could be imbalanced that can be helped with medication and therapy, its a very tough obstacle to overcome but im sure you can do it :)

• Not be emotional

• Just control your emotions, baby

What Girls Said 7

• Honey I'm highly emotional too.

Everything has a good side and a bad side so use your emotions for good things like being compassionate and empathetic, and avoid overreacting although I myself also end up doing it at times lol. In case you're afraid you're getting overly emotional that might get things worse, avoid talking more. Sometimes when I'll overly angry, I whisper curse words in foreign languages to relieve myself without making a drama.

Do what works best for you and never let your emotions be your weakness. Stay strong a love yourself the way you are. :)

• I have the same issue but I guess you just have to learn not to take everything so seriously. If you hear an insult about you, ignore it and remind yourself about your positive qualities. Basically whenever you feel yourself getting overly sensitive and sad think of something really happy and positive. Also, think about it this way. Whenever I start to get really emotional about something I think to myself "is this life threatening? Is this something that's going to affect me in 10 years? 20?" And usually it's something that's not. Like if someone says something behind my back it hurts and I'll get anxiety and act different around my friends and get emotional. But then I think "in ten years is one thing someone said about me going to impact my life still?" And then it makes it a little easier to get over it

• I can't can't do that anymore. Those became lies. I have emotional break downs about reality no one sees.

• Breathe.

And see a councellor.
    Helps for me.

• It's called hormones, they get mellowed out in a few years.

• xanax

• 6d

What?

• 6d

Aww ok.

• 6d

Oh my God you are 14, I didn't see that, I was kidding and I don't mean that I was trolling. You are young it's okay.
      Sign of innocence, I was the same and it's nothing to be ashamed of. I once cried when my kindergarten friend left for school without me, and I hated him and cried all the way to school alone, plus we got fake marriage when we were 5. It's not a big deal, you're a girl.

• Me too twinsies 🤚🏻🤚🏻🤚🏻🤚🏻🤚🏻

• do meditation