Are you a sore loser or a good loser?

Do you get angry or irritated even when losing a fair game/competition? Or are you the admirable type who takes losing in a good manner?

I am a sore loser most of the time, mostly because I get mad at myself for not performing better and take it out on other people. I also get jealous when other people outplay me. When I feel like I performed to my best ability and still lost, I react better, but that is rare. 😅

• Sore loser
  • Good loser
  • Depends on the occasion (specify)
    Vote C

1044

Most Helpful Guy

• Oh, look, it's my favorite witherwing.
    You are talking about…game. Oh. And I've thought, that you inferring life in general. I think I’m good loser, because I know, that it’s just a game. Sure, I sometimes get pissed, like the several instances, when I’ve fallen in lava in Minecraft while having some lapis lazulae, couple of diamonds, lots of ferrum, some aurum, but more importantly, enchanted diamond tools. The best of the best. But every time, I had a hunch. „You will fall in that lava, if you don’t stop exploring this cave system and find your way home. You got lost anyway.“ But no, I was greedy fuck, and…this was the result. I was pissed not on the game, but on myself. For my remarkable incompetence (that should be on my grave. First line: Nothing (description of my life), second line: Remarkably incompetent). Later on, I’ve accepted some changes, sure. Like…different style of mining, bucket of water and other tricks.
    You see…I’m always trying to prevent losing. I don’t want to solve problem, I want for that problem to not even exist. And I have these hunches, gut feelings, if you’d like. That something will probably go wrong. And if I will not start doing something about it…shit will hit the fan. So…I’ve learned my lesson. From my failings, but also from others. Play the safe game. Don’t take risks, at least the ones, which aren’t well calculated. Have some contingency plan. And for fuck’s sake, if you have something valuable, store it among imperial walls.
    Shit, I should really build the Tower of Isteria. And finish the Absolute tower. And other projects. :-D
    It’s surprising, how stupid Minecraft can teach you about life, seriously: mass production requires dedication and expensive infrastructure, sure, but the price of individual item drops next to 0. In the long run, it pays off. Life, just like game of Minecraft, doesn’t really have any goal. We set the goals. To build better society, to be better at anything possible. To go further, live more comfortable and safe life, then those before us. And after all…leave something behind. Something, that will make future generations proud.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm a good loser. I usually compliment the winner if they really impress me lol. If it was a fair game and they dominated then it is what it is. I don't take myself too seriously in general so that's probably part of it. Sometimes I'll ask the winner for advice.

What Guys Said 43

• I'm very competitive, but I'm also a good loser. I fully expect my opponents to try their best, and to use every bit of skill and intelligence and experience they have to beat me. I do the same with them. But, inevitably, I'm going to lose sometimes. That's life, and if they win fair and square, then I'm not going to get upset at them (I may be disappointed in myself, though).

Usually, I'll just be anxious for a rematch.

• If I lose because the other player was better, I'm fine with that.
    If I lose because I didn't put in enough effort (not enough practice, out of shape, forgot the rules to chess, etc) I'll be angry with myself.
    If the winner is a boastful prick, I'll be angry with him/her.
    Being a "good loser" only works when you have a "good winner".

• I always take losing in anything in a good manner. It's just my nature. A lot of the times, whatever it is I'm competing in, I just don't care too much for it 😁. That's probably why I have a more relaxed attitude whatever the outcome.

• I'm okay with losing, but at least give me 2 out of 3 to figure out how the other person plays, or if I'm off my game.

• Most winners aren't good losers, that's why they're winners. Once you become apathetic about losing it becomes habitual to lose.

• Im a sore loser but gracious about it eg ill use a example from a grand final yesterday (we lost by 1 game thanks to my team-mates (we won every set i was in lost all of the others but 1)

We lost, i was pissed but didn't tell anyone etc didn't vent, didn't blame anyone, shook hands with opposition etc but was still pissed about losing

• I have played competitive sport since i was 9yrs old. Always hated loosing, or being on the losing side.
    For the last 20yrs or so i've played competitive badminton in the Dublin leagues at a fairly high level. I have been known to smash my racquets of the wall if i have played below standard.

• I am not a loser.

• I'm generally a good loser: winning makes fun but as long as the activity was nice or interesting I don't mind losing.

• Depends how competitive it was , I try not to show it and take it well but who isn't disappointed losing ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• I'll be honest, I'm a sore loser. I don't throw a fit, I don't curse, but I don't take it lightly. it irritates me deeply and it's hard for me to get over losing.

if I were to be grateful for realizing losing just revealed a weakness, a need, somthing I can and should improve upon. then I would consider myself a good loser.

• good loser but i once lost a very close game and i played well till the end but still lost the game and i felt like crying

• I voted C - I am quite like you except I wouldn't take out on others but I would be very disappointed if I didn't play well even if I win and play badly it annoys me.

• I hate losing, but I understand and believe in the concept of winning and being gracious in victory and being able to lose and handle losing in grace as well.

• I'm a graceful loser most of the time if I lose and unless the person cheated.

• Good loser

• I hate competitions so I'm happy either way.

• Good loser around everyone else, but when I'm alone afterwards I'll be a sore one

• Good loser; I always keep in mind the fact that my opponent is only trying to accomplish what I am as well:

Win

• I'm a Good loser..

• Depends

• It depends on what the situation is.

• I never lose, other people just have an unfair disadvantage :P

• Sore loser for sure

• I get angry with myself and will usually push myself to do better next time.

• i always have a pissy attitude

• U r not a score loser. U r loser of your mind. Your jealous feeling is making u to lose. Once try this. Stop to be jealous of anybody and keeping positive attitude u will get the sure success

• good loser

• sore loser, i dislike losing.

• I'm only a sore looser if people cheat or mess with people

• More from Guys
    13

What Girls Said 9

• I'm okay with losing, but if it's because I didn't try enough, I won't hurt anyone else, but I'll beat myself up for it later.

• sore loser..

• I personally don't care about losing or being wrong.

• A sore one, but I don't act on it.

• I'm an exceptionally sore loser, gold thing it doesn't happen often😉😝

• Good loser unless the winner pisses me off

• Good loser

• Good sore loser

• Yeah, but it is more directed at myself rather than the other people.