Is the one who gets the last word in an argument always the "winner"?

• Yes
    11%(5)11%(11)Vote11%(6)
  • No
    74%(35)78%(80)Vote80%(45)
  • Other/Results
    15%(7)11%(12)Vote9%(5)
Select a gender to cast your vote:

What Guys Said 21

• The one who doesn't care about winning is the winner. The point should be about making your point, not having the other person accept your point or concede to your point. Being right brings its own satisfaction, whether people accept it or not.

• It depends on whether either of the arguers learn anything from the argument. If not, then they're both "losers" who just wasted each other's time. The winner (s) are the ones who listened to what was said and made different choices, based on the new information.

• Unless that argument ends in a hug then no. No good comes from "being right" at the expense of hurting the other person.
    I will admit to have started a few arguments to get to the makeup sex (she knew what I was up to).

• Contrary to what countless shrill pink anons think (and try to achieve by posting a response and then immediately blocking), no.

• Nope. Especially if you are trolling for laughs. If the person has responded 3 or more times since your last post, then you know you have successfully trolled them and have won. :)

• No its the person with the most physical evidence words mean nothing without something to show for it

• An argument will never have a declared winner, but rather two opinions, which could be both false.

• I don't argue to win, I argue to discuss our opinions and perhaps convince each other of our ideologies, if we can't then the discussion is over.

• 3d

Same, I argue to get my point across to the other person

• Not at all

• No ☺️💕

• No..

• No not in all cases.

• No of course not, as with anything in life, there are no absolutes

• Nope, the one who delivers the truth is the winner.. I tend to say "fuck" at the end of most discussions. Hardly making me the winner, but almost always leave me with the last word.

• The better person usually walks away and is the winner ie not the last word.

• No they might just be a sore loser

• In your case you would

• I don't think so, in my view the person who calmly handle the situation is the winner

• No. I think the one with the most evidence and proven points is the winner.

• No.

Just because you got the last word in, doesn't really mean shit. It could mean the person realises you're not worth arguing with, that you're not going to listen to them no matter what, or they've lost interest.

I know it's a thing very popular amongst women to have the last say, but it really means nothing.

Oh, and using "whatever" is not an argument, it's just a cop-out.

• Chicken or the egg?

What Girls Said 13

• No lol if their words are stupid they won't be the winner regardless of who speaks last. And if you have the last word and immediately block your opponent after I think that automatically qualifies you as the loser considering you know you can't handle their response.

• Arguments are never about winning anything. That is just petty and immature. If you can't learn to debate respectfully as adults you might as well not bothering with people at all. A debate is about acknowledging other's opinions, emotional concerns, and how one's choice is affecting them, you and other people. Coming towards a better solution when it's hard to normally communicate under proper circumstances.

• The One, hun, who gets the Last Say that Day, has allowed the Other to have been Left Standing, Being the Bigger One, who was Smart enough to know Then When... To Quit with the Quip of the Lip. xx

• The person who has the last word would like to think they have won, but in reality, the real winner is the one that shrugs their shoulders and walks away.

• Lol nope. The one with the logic wins.

• Sometimes but not necessarily. Usually the better person walks away because they don't really see the point in arguing.

• The first person to mute loses.

• It depends , but not always the one with the last word "wins" the argument. Especially if they are just talking nonsense because they were proven wrong

• no I would say that makes the person the most pettiest

• Usually no.

• No. Not when I don't care enough to argue my point anymore.

• No they have the biggest mouth

• of course not because they're last word could be something stupid and you could've shut them up by laying all the facts. some people don't stop when it comes to arguing, they just go on and on and on