Do you think Chevy Chase is funny?

Do you think Chevy Chase is funny?

• Yes
  • No
  • I used to think he was funny but not anymore
    Vote C
  • Never heard of him
    Vote D

1120

Most Helpful Girl

• It depends on the movie and context. NL Family Vacation yes he's funny. SNL yes. I think he could have had a strong drama career as well he does well in those roles but he was kind of pigeon holed I think for a long time.

He does well opposite the right partner.

Most Helpful Guy

• Old school Chevy Chase, I'm a big fan. Caddyshack, Fletch, the National Lampoon's Vacation movies, etc. And as the doctor with the gambling debts in Dirty Work😂
    https://youtu.be/_jhvhMToYGghttps://youtu.be/cZUcBaeV0Y4

• For got to give a complete answer... haven't really seen much of him recently, tried watching Community a few years back but couldn't really get into it. I find that main dude from that show so off-putting, just couldn't deal, haha. But yeah, saw Chevy Chase in it, small sample size, wasn't blown away, but can't write him off off of that alone.

What Girls Said 10

• Funny, yes, to an extent. He's got good timing and is a decent comic actor... I mean, I thought he was really good in at least the three first seasons of "Community." He was an utter bastard, but he was an amusing utter bastard.

I definitely wouldn't want to know him IRL, though, if only half the things I hear about him are true.

• I really enjoyed some of his movies... but I think he's an ass so it takes away from my enjoyment

• Ah he's a person. I was expecting a car commercial or something lol

But that answers that, never heard of him haha

• Overall no, but he was hilarious in Community. That's about the only role of his which I actually enjoyed and didn't find incredibly juvenile (kid-like jokes).

• He use to be, the last time I saw him in anything was Hot-tub time machine, and we OK in that. In his prime he was great.. that whole generation was...

• I only really liked him in 3 amigos

• most funny guy even ever

• He used to be but not so much these days.

• Funny, honey. xx

• His name is.

What Guys Said 19

• Yes, he's funny.

He's FAR from being a great person in real life, but he definitely has the "funny gene".

• i never thought he was hilarious but i have always found him to be pretty funny... i sometimes felt like there was an arrogance to his whole act, which i think was intentional, that led me not to find him incredibly funny

but he's definitely funny

• He was one of the greatest comedy actors of the 80s. Laughed my ass off to his National Lampoon movies. Haven't seen any of his recent work but I doubt it lives up to his earlier stuff. Unfortunately, I've heard a lot of negative things about him as a real person.

• Well, most of his comedies were based on him traveling somewhere with his family, but I think those movies were quite entertaining, so I voted yes, he is a very good comedian.

• SNL in the 70's yeah.. walking off funny past Rowan and Martin's main stage antics.. then
    some WTF bad movies &
    some ok TV.. and recently kinda phoning it in, in the latest one but then he was the name and the reason the show did do well at first, allowing the others to stretch and learn carrying it up to be a good all round show.. so in small doses works for him.

• Didn't like him in the National Lampoon movies, but he was hilarious in the first couple of seasons of Community. Then he started believing his own hype again... Not much of a fan any more.

• Can say that I do.

• He's less hit and more miss than he used to be.

• vacation is one of the best!

also community is great... poor pierce.

• not really

• He used to be

• From SNL in the last half of the 70's

• He used to be, but it has been a while.

• Yeah

• I only know him from Community and I love him.

• At times he is.

• in community yeah he was funny

• İ dont laugh

• In National Lampoon's Vacation and Community, I thought he was hilarious.