What is worse? Being a below average woman or being a below average man?

I think being a below average woman is worse because guys give 80% importance to looks... Whereas girls give importance to things other than looks too...

• Being a below average woman is worse
  • Being a below average man is worse
Select a gender to cast your vote:
I'm talking about below average looks by the way. 🙈

742

Most Helpful Guy

• Being a girl in that situation is way worse then for men. I'm totally not a feminist at all by the way. But girls really have the short end of the stick here.

But there are guys who really don't care much about the way you look. Obviously there's thresholds and I don't think most guys expect to have a model as their wife but I always feel bad for women who don't look good.

Especially since they always have the shittiest guys going after them.

What Guys Said 41

• "I think being a below average woman is worse because guys give 80% importance to looks... Whereas girls give importance to things other than looks too..."
    That's some very serious shit 'o bull!

Look, I don't know about you, but most of the girls DO care about the looks. They're vital in partner selection.

But still, the answer remains the same, yes, being a below average woman is worse. But only in a case of serious relationship. Here's how I came to this conclusion --

Most of the girls get compliments about their beauty at some point in their lives, no matter how unattractive they are. There are thousands of sexually frustrated guys who will gladly accept you for sex. But it's not the other way around.

Now, the below average guys have to use their resources or skills to compensate. We all see a lot of not-so-attractive guys getting a lot of girls. Some guys have a game while some guys have a good status. But most of the girls don't or cannot use these things. You'll probably never see any woman using her money/job or mind games to get the guy they want. Girls are bad initiators. So, they just sit down waiting for a horny dude to strike them.

So, it makes it easy for guys to compensate and they are initiators so, they have their own choices too. And that would help them getting a long term relationship.

And no, looks isn't the only thing we go after, especially for long term relationship. There are a lot of factors. So, it doesn't mean that guys cannot love you if you're below average. But yeah, looking at the pretty girls, your life is harder if you're a below average girls.

Ultimately, there's no thing as 'you have it worse' as long as you are completely normal and functional. There are millions of things to do in this world that would automatically make you a beautiful person.

• Nothing is worse. We human beings make it worse by thinking it is worse. From my point of view Inner Beauty is more important than Outer beauty. Inner Beauty never needs Makeup. Inner Beauty is great but little mascara never hurts. Outer beauty attracts and Inner beauty captives. Outer beauty will captures the eyes while Inner beauty will capture heart.

The movement from which we start loving ourselves as we are we don't care what is best and what is worst.

We can not generalize who gives preference to looks. Both gives preference to physical appearance at certain extent. It is individual choice. It's not based on gender.

• I agree with you because society places a premium on a woman's appearance. Some go as far as to say that a woman's worth is her looks.

Men, on the other hand, don't have to conform to such ridiculous beauty standards. If a man is not good-looking but he is charismatic or if he is rich, he would have no problem in the dating game.

• Yeah, you could be right. Since men put more importance to looks, than women. It could be worse for below average women. I think it's equal for both to be honest.

• women ALWAYS have men pursuing them, no matter how bad she looks. men have lower standards and women have the choice of men to choose from so naturally they pick the best one whole the below average men get left behind.

take tinder for example (an app based solely on looks) a woman will get multiple messages a day and choose which men to reply to. a man will extremely rarely get a message from a girl first - only happened to me a couple of times from over a hundred matches (quite a lot of them never replied to me 😂)

• Talking about looks only, its worse for women.

Talking about all factors that make someone desirable, perhaps men, but not by that much.

• a below average woman can still get a boyfriend. a below average man will need to be rich to find a woman.

• Below average, no. Ugly, most certainly. Ugly guys can be aggressive and have a much better chance meeting someone than an ugly woman hoping a guy will ask them out. I'm not sure an ugly woman could stand up to being rejected as much as an ugly guy. Timid ugly guy? He's in the same boat as the ugly woman.

Don't hate me. Just staying my opinion.

• Hey below average woman can still attract an average or even above average man. May below average man is shit out of luck unless he hits the lottery.

• Below average man I guess. Women often think they are above average because a high quality man was willing to sleep with them. I imagie living as below average man is like living in a frozen waste land with few enough prospects for love or social mobility.

• "Whereas girls give importance to things other than looks too..."

Bunch of baloney.
    Statistics of modern dating apps show us that women are WAY pickier than men.

• If you are average or below average as a woman, there will be a guy who likes you. But if you are average or below average as a guy, you are incel.

• no cuz average guys get reject by average girls all the time then they go for a below average girl, so a below average girl can get an average guy but it doesn't work the other way around

• dont think it matters but if anything i think more below average women get attention from guys than the other way round simply because men will fuck anything that moves lol

• I think anytime before 2015 it'd be much worse for women, however I've noticed the beauty standards for average women fall drastically.
    Men like fat women, women with small boobs/butt, can be really short or quite tall, can be chubby, etc.

So I think especially in 2017 it's worse for men. But I don't disagree that in pretty much any other year it'd be worse for women.

• Men are more sexually attracted to a below average women than women are to a fairly handsome nan. Dating is far easier for women in general because women have higher sexualky value.

• Being a below average women is worse, because beauty in a woman is thought to be all that's important whereas for men you can be 'physically' below average and still get away with it (am actually one of those)

• Being a below average man is worse

• 40% of males never marry or have children, while 80% of women have children. So the below average males live alone.

• Below average man easily. A woman could easily cover that flaw with make up or having big boobs.

• I do hear that being a woman in that situation is worse

• i think both is worse

• Look at dating sites statistics : Women rate 80% of men as below average...

Below average men live in an affective desert.

Below average women are approached by men everyday.

• DEAD wrong! People equally place importance on looks and personality. And so both are equally affected.

• In terms of dates? Women will *always* be pursued by men, even if those men are losers. Men will not always attract the interest of women. It's worse being a below average man.

• Being a below average man is worse

• both actually, but it depends upon the maturity of society and its people

• Being a below average man is worse.

• "Jet fuel can't melt steel beams "

• Neither. Most of us are below average.

• More from Guys
    11

What Girls Said 7

• I think below average men up until they're about 35-40 then it's women

• Men get more attractive as they get old, but not in the case of women. Your point doesn't make any sense.

• @ikarp66 that's exactly what my point is.
      Question: What is worse? Being a below average woman or being a below average man?
      Response: I think below average men up until they're about 35-40 then it's women

Ie: average men potentially age better, average women will only get worse.

• Even attractive women are constantly judged and picked on let alone below average lmao. No one cares about below average boys until they are exceptionally unattractive which is unfortunate :( but at least they can still rock by being social and funny and stuff girls just can't do that without looks.

• I agree with you. I would think it is worse for women than men.

• Below average woman 🙊

• It's equal.

• Being below average man is worse

• I am not a average girl