Do you ever find it rude when people tell you to "just chill"?

Let's say you have anxiety issues and you are telling some your problems. As well as how you feel and they say "just chill" how would you react to that?

1228

Most Helpful Guy

• i find it stupid. cause never in the entire human history, did telling someone to "chill" or "calm down" make them go like "youΒ΄re right, maybe i should calm down" xD it always makes people explode.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah, because it's invalidating your feelings. It's like saying, I can't deal with your intense feelings, so shut your pie hole already. It really hurts when someone doesn't validate our feelings, and even attacks them. We'd prefer that someone was an ally, and empathized with how we feel, perhaps even sharing our sense of indignation or at least trying to find out what terrible thing is making us feel like that, and blame that thing instead of you, the victim.

It's the same phenomenon with guys and their egos. They're just really sensitive about anything that attacks their sense of manliness, competence and intelligence.

Maybe we could all just be a little more sensitive to each others soft spots. Actually, when either sex is ranting about something, they usually prefer you take their side instead of that stupid neutral side telling them to calm down.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE