What is the worst/most annoying thing about being your age?

I would say the most annoying thing about being 19 is that I'm expected to grow up and stop acting like a teen and get my shit together but at the same time I'm still not old enough to be taken seriously as an adult, yanno?

3223

Most Helpful Girl

• Being both an adult and not an adult at all. I have to pay for my insurance etc, but can't rent a car or earn like a grown up. Also you're too young for a real job, but too old for a shitty job like being a cashier.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah Jesus Justin, get your shit together! Whats your deal, man!πŸ˜›
    Being an adult in general sucks!

What Girls Said 31

• I don't know if everyone at 19 feels this way at some point; but it's this feeling of loss/uncertainty that comes outta no where.

• 1. Not being of legal drinking age

2. Being one year away from being able to get my license, so close but so far

3. Hormonal boys asking for sex and nudes constantly

4. Acne

5. Being treated the same as my younger siblings, and not being looked at as a mature person

6. Having everyone ask if I'm on my period when I get mad

7. Being pressured to act like an adult when I'm not treated as one (although I'm only 15)

8. Not being allowed to make my own choices and live my own life

• I was just talking about this with my mom. The more I grow up the more I realize how crappy this world is. I wish I was young again at that age where we believed in the make believe. So, I never have to come to terms with what life is really about or what responsibility and stress feels like. I can lay back play with my legos and barbies and keep thinking today is tomorrow. If that makes sense.

• Honestly? 30 is pretty great. Everyone takes you seriously, but you're still considered youngish. I can't complain.

I definitely shared your frustration at 19 and in my early 20s. Unfortunately, as you get older and look back on yourself at this age you will cringe and understand why people didn't take you seriously hahaha happens to the best of us! Try not to let it bother you and just enjoy your youth :)

• I just turned 18. Literally everything was thrown at me. Good and Bad. I just found out I had money saved up so thats good. i added it up along with what i earned in the summer. I got a credit card, but I had to make the appoinment with the bank i wanted plus all these other student discounts i have to hunt down. My mom was with me but i was asked all the questions.. some of which i didn't know how to respond and would turn to my mom (but i felt like a child doing that. i just felt uncomfortable) i have to make my own dr. s app. now and i need an ID when i arrive. im just not used to it. i didn't even know what the IRS was until 2 days ago. lol

• that people tell me that I need to act more mature and when I act more mature, they tell me that I'm a child and I need to stay in a child's place. I really don't get it...

• I'm 18
    people just expect too much

• lol Being a Smarty Pants Here, dear. xx

• The other sex being extremely annoying at this age.

• that i don't look my age πŸ˜’

• Meh being 25 and no longer 20? Either way not a huge deal.. i guess people my age only like to stay in or hang out with people they only know and constantly flake if your not the people they like.

• Older people won't take me seriously. I'm pretty smart and don't talk unless I know what I'm talking about. But there will always be someone older who thinks that anyone who's younger can't have a valuable opinion.

• That people never get it right.

• I'm expected to be responsible, act like an adult but still go out and have fun but not too much. This is hard to find the right balance.

• irritatingly close to 30

• Being sick of everybody's shit and they just think you're miserable when you're just sick of their shit but they need to just stop doing shit to piss you off.

• I'm in the middle on nothing... I'm not 18 yet but I'm old enough to handle stuff on my own, get a huge load of responsibilities and not a single benefit.

• Bills bills bills... a few years ago my biggest wishes were getting tattoos, buying this and that and now I'm just hoping for a new dishwasher.

• "you're only 17"
    "you're 17 now you should know better by now"

not being 18 to me is the most annoying thing about being 17

• and the guys. all they want is to break our hearts and use us for sex

• annoying questions coming from relatives

• Sex is a goto.

• that you're just coasting at this point

• Guys only wanting to have sex or asking for nudes, constant trouble of acne, having bipolar mood swings (being happy and goofy one min and pissed the next), dealing with bipolar and depression, and I can't get with any good looking guys

• Confusion, some of your friends are getting married, some are in jail, some are graduating, some still need permission to go out. Dahell

• I'm 21 in college full time. Everyone thinks I'm a pos because I'm in college and not working. I feel a lot of times I should be at the bar, messing around with friends, doing drugs and not caring. I've never done any of that so I feel like I'm not alive at times. Society norms. Erg

• @ anonymous 18-24 dont feel like that, get your degree. Let me tell ya that@ 18 out of high school I had a 9-5 job, went to college and a wife pregnant at home. All my friends were at the bar, calling me to drink and party. Now they're still working at 50ish and I'm retired at 53, so I say get your degree, work and party later.

• you're welcome & laugh at your party animal friends in 35 years when theyre still hustling and bustling and you are on cruise control.πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

• @Robsinsf53 I hope so :)

• Dating in my 20's is difficult.

• Everyone's just looking to hook up, nothing serious

• I am currently 18 years old. The sudden jump into adulthood is very tough for me, especially since other people always took care of my life before. I never had to do anything by myself and suddenly, people are like, "You should get it by yourself, you can buy it yourself, you should think about it yourself," Again, I'm so not used with being independent, especially since I am suffering from a lot of mental illnesses, particularly Depression, ADHD, Anxiety, Bipolar. I never really tell others though that I have these problems. I feel like they will not be listening to me if I do tell them and most of the time, it's true.

• yep the notorious labeling system. try not to label yourself either because we are in a constant state of change and being stuck with a label can seriously impede your growth. im not saying you dont suffer these symptoms but they are not what defines you. much love and have a great day.

• @emist I know, that's why I dislike the society, because they expect everyone to be the norm and what they are supposed to be. Individually though, not everyone can do it.

Thanks and you too!

• you already sound like a very mature lady. just remember it is society that is truelly sick.
      "strong minds talk about ideas. average minds discuss events. small minds discuss people.-socrates"

• i got very very depressed when i turned 30 this year. life goes by so fast and even though i look young, my body starts getting more aches and issues with age

• can't have sex with the people i want

• More from Girls
    1

What Guys Said 22

• I'm one year away from partying hard lol

• Liable for full prison sentences compared to a minor πŸ˜†

• Duties, duties and more duties.
    I get average pay but the cost of living is higher than i make.
    I'm already somewhat wrecked and I'm getting more wrecked as time passes by.

Oh and being almost completely undesired by the opposite sex. Nothing in my powers can change this it seems. That gives you them deep feels. It makes you question whether something is wrong with you or if you're just an alien πŸ‘½.

• being an independent adult but still looking young so people treat me like I'm a kid or in college

• not being able to do anything
    - drive
    - be independent
    - use my body properly (damaging growth plates etc is a risk)
    - being weaker than adults (martial arts)
    - not being taken seriously

• Those people that act like they know it all and dismiss anything you say because of your age, yet they are clearly ignorant dumbasses to the eyes of everyone around them that has a spec of common sense and is unbiased.

• Knowing that 60-65% of my life is in the history books, lol. Other then that, all good in retirement.

• the most annoying thing about being my age is having to be married carry a family on pretty much two minimum wage jobs and having other chicks wanting to bang me knowing that I'm married but I may have that confused with being responsible

• Nothing really. From every aspect im better in everything as i grow older. But i would love to be 15 again.

• The single market is empty. All single women are single mothers and/or fat.

• I don't know. I'm not saying my life or being 24 is perfect or anything. I just can't think of anything right now.

So people, what's annoying about being a guy who'll turn 25 in a few weeks?

• I m happy with my age and age doesn't matter with life...
    If u like Ur present then nothing is annoying you

• Ear hair.

• People thinking that because I'm mature about many things that I am rude because I'm not matured enough to know what I should do and/or make myself do it

• everthing

• choosing college and majors

• frustration😀😀😀

• that im already older than when i started this reply.

• Paying 45% of every I make as tax, now I'm not in education

• Not being able to do what I want or have what I want. Or getting to experience things that I want to

• My age by itself is fine. But being me at my age sucks, because literally everybody you know, your age, younger or older is sexually active, and has been for like a decade, while you never even had a kiss or even held hands with anybody ever.

• Now that I'm 19 I've started acting more like 15, lol I don't know why. When I was 15 I acted more like I was 19 or older. I guess I'm reversing now that I'm getting older... LoL