Drivers, How Fast have you driven your Car on the open road?

I personally have only gone at best 95 mph, in my defense Nebraska is boring! What about you?

Most Helpful Girl

• The highest speed limit in Finland is 120 kph (~75 mph), I haven't driven much faster than that, since I hate driving fast and like to obey the speed limits.

Most Helpful Guy

• I hit 140 mph on the autobahn in Germany (235 kph). Here at home, the fastest I've ever driven was about 125, out in the Central Valley (Calif.).

It probably helped me survive to this point by either having no car or a car that maxed out about 80 up until I was about 27.

What Girls Said 10

• Car - Someone riding my bumper for fifteen minutes on a long, flat open road with clear, safe passing capability. No other cars on the road. It was a country highway speed limit 55. I slowed my car down to like 20 mph so they could get around me but they stayed on my bumper. I got so pissed I sped off like a crazy person until I hit 100+ mph and they were no longer in sight.

• 85mph. I didn't mean to drive that fast though. I didn't even have my license yet so I was still learning, and I was driving on a downhill highway where everyone was going just as fast if not faster than me, and I didn't think anything of my speed because everyone was going the same speed as me. I didn't look down at my speedometer for a few minutes, so I just thought I was going around the speed limit, which was 65mph. Once I realized how fast I was going I slowed down.

• maybe 90 or just a bit below? 1. i used to be a speed demon. 2. I've driven on highways where the speed limit was legit 85.

• Car- 74mph
    Bike- 118mph

• What bike? Mine is so slow kinda stops going faster at 135kph haha

• @MusicMayhem sounds like the gear box needs to be replaced. Omg 11,000rpm πŸ˜‚

No parking spot? That kind of sucks :( you going to be ok with just riding around everywhere?

Haha no more new bikes for me (for a while I think). I change bikes like I change clothes. I've been riding since I was 18. Way before they bought out the learner plates and fluroscent vests policy etc
      My first ever bike was a gpx250. I dropped that thing a million times. That thing was bulletproof ☺️

• Yeah that's what I thought. Oh well, I've ridden around the problem for over 5000 km's hahaha! If i'm a bit slower with the clutch it rarely revs like crazy and misses a gear.

Yeah I know I don't wanna sell my car but I've got no choice :/ At least it's coming on to Spring here cause I'm in Australia. Wet weather riding I'm ok with unless the roads are torrential. But living in the city I guess I won't need a car as much cause everything will be close so very excited for that :D

So what country are you in? I thought Australia was the stingy as fuck one on the learner rules haha!

Hahaha well I dropped my bike 3 times in my first couple of weeks riding before I'd even done 500km :O Never dropped since so I guess I'm awesome! Omg I had the best ride this evening, now I don't want to trade it in lol. Got a bit excited and got it to 137kph, an improvement of a whole 3kph hahaha. Didn't even need to go downhill for it lol

• 130 mph. i love... lovelovelove driving fast.

• Come out here sometime and do the Silver State Classic, or the or Nevada Open Road Challenge. They shut down one of the Nevada state routes, and let you drive... a lot faster than that.

At this point I qualify for the Super Sport class (up to 180 mph)... although a) you have to build up to that by doing the event multiple times, b) I'd have to wear a Costco style hair net if I weren't #teamshorthair, and c) you have to put a certain type of rollover frame and/or window bars on yr car if you want to drive more than about 150mph.

It ain't cheap, either, but... driving 180 mph at any other time would literally be risking death. Imagine the stopping distance ::shudders::

• @redeyemindtricks You have a fascinating life :p How often do you "race"?

• Well, remember I grew up on the floor of my father's auto shop, and, just like my brothers, I got under the hoods pretty soon after puberty.
      Not to be "well rounded" or any of that kumbaya shit, but, because when you're a widowed father with 5 kids on a blue-collar income, you put them kids to work as soon as they're capable of creating more value than they'd destroy. 😢

Each of those events is just once a year. Same road. Nevada challenge in the spring, silver state classic in the fall. I'm doing this year's SSC in a little under 3 weeks -- first time in the super sport division. My dad and my little brother are gna take the babies and our 6 year old.
      In response to yr actual question, it's worked out to be once every 1.5 or 2 years or so.

My 11-99 Foundation license plate frames (google if you're not from CA) have definitely gotten me out of multiple tickets for doing 100-110 mph between L. A. and the bay area.
      I have ZERO chance of girl-ing my way out of a ticket, EVER. ahha.

• 105 car started to shake was a rental to Kenndy space center. Early 20s
    Often get to 90-100, too easy to go fast I have to be cautious and keep it around 80.
    Don't ever speed in North Carlin. It's a speed trap... $400-$500 fine

• I went 110 mph for a long period of time (like an hour plus) while traveling in Utah. Probably not one of my smarter decisions but I was young and I made great time!

• You Americans are very daring and crazy though. It's different in England.

• 95mph... I'm not sure if I ever reached 100 though... I think I did without my knowledge I must've at least once... but never above 100mph

• I have driven, but I was with my dad and he hit 137.

• 90 in a 60 was my fastest.

What Guys Said 32

• It wasn't mine but I have driven a Porsche 928 140mph

• Probably about 60mph on country roads. In my defense, we have things called corners here.

About 80mph on motorways. Yes, I'm boring.

• Sometimes I would get a bit crazy driving home after a night out feeling really depressed not getting any luck meeting women and just hit the throttle for some small joy in life cause I've never had a girlfriend and I'm nearly 29. I would get up to 160kph before the lights. Later found out this was with a slow puncture! I went a different route home once which had a downhill section and got to 180kph. Not bad for a crappy 1.6L Ford Fiesta!

• I've done 110 but I was young. Nowadays, I even get a bit nervous when I approach 80.

• I've gotten my '98 Maxima up to 103MPH.

• A Ford Ka courtesy car had only a 1.3 litre engine yet it was so light that the wind on a motorway could take it up to 110 without me noticing.

• I've done somewhere around 140-150 mph. Don't know exactly, speedo only goes to 90 so had to work out with rpm and gearing.

• 110 was my highest speed. It was a 6 month old Volkswagen GTI.

I actually did it when I passed another guy in a red GTI, and he sped up to pass me. So I sped up to pass him 'cause I thought he was messing with me. Turns out, he was messing with me. So he passed me again. We played back and forth like that for a few miles and got up to ridiculous speeds doing it.

• 100 mph

• I have a paranoia of the tires unbloting and the wheels flying out lol

• 125 mph in a Beem

• 170mph car
    90mph in a fire truck
    150 mph on a bike

• Car: About 110mph (Celica)
    Bike: About 120mph (SV650)

• On my old bike I got about 130 out of it.

• About 120 mph in a Thunderbird Super Coupe

• never driven but I went pretty fast in a go cart I think then I spun out :(

• Current car, 110 MPH. Previous car, 121.

• I buried the speedometer in my 78 Camaro while driving to Dallas, so im not sure how fast i was going I had the tach up to 6000 rpm with 2:73 gears so I figure about 150-160 mph?

• 265km/h

• I lived on the isle of man which has roads with no speed limits... so I don't know, I didn't look down.

• When I was in high school I hit 110 in a 1991 Chevy Corsica.

• Only 150 kph on highways, my car doesn't even go faster.

• Hit 220km with car. 299km on bike (then switched to 6th gear lol)

• Around 85 MPH in a "gutless wonder" that literally wouldn't go any faster.

• About 120mph (190km/h+) in a car, 140mph on my bike.

Completely legally :)

• 158 at the govenor.

• Somewhere around 160-170 kmph.

• 240k
    with my cousin's car, mine can't go abow 200 so...

• I've done 240km/h on a highway last month

• 147 mph

• More from Guys
    2