How do you feel about the United States of America?

how do you feel about the United States of America?

417

Most Helpful Girl

• Like it or not the US is the leader of the free world. Its easy for people to point things that are wrong. Its not as easy to always be the leader. Someone needs to lead, may as well be the US. Its a great country.

Most Helpful Guy

• I prefer Europe.

I'll separate it in different headings.

Historic: You lot (and the britbongs and ruski's) got rid of the Nazi's and didn't fuck us over by leaving us with the Nazi's and commies. So, thanks for that. Then there is the fact you lot stimulated the German economy until it was amazing (Korean war and Vietnam war helped with that), which kick-started Dutch economy. Otherwise, we would be a shithole (fun fact, Dutch economy thrived under nazi-rule until the last 1.5 year of occupation). Then there is the help you guys offered twenty years to late, after the commies, France and Britain. to help my favourite Israel. Thanks for that. Although it's beneficial for you lot (50 billion in trade in exchange for 3.12 billion mostly spent in the USA) aswell. Then there's NATO. Basically, we in the Netherlands have one of the most useless armies ever (not enough bullets for training and bogus guns for budget restraints) and NATO thanks to your nukes and vast army is a nice deterrent.

You did screw up a lot of times though by invading countries, but frankly, I don't care enough.

More recent times it's important to stress the importance of the US Navy on global commerce. American carrier groups and military ensures (mostly) safe passage for ships. Once again, Dutch economy thrives off that.
    It's part of why I think 650 billion on military is justified.

Then there is the Donald. He does looney stuff but he keeps the important allies close, keeps his promise with NATO, cut off TTIP and helps Israel. Those are the main thing I care about.

Diplomatically:
    Netherlands doesn't really need diplomatic help but my favourite Israel does. Unfortunately Obama accepted the resolutions in December.

I don't know anything about American culture so I'm indifferent.

Your country can be full off nonsense but in the whole I'll settle for a more positive stance on it

What Girls Said 3

• Starting to look like a joke, but we'll get better I hope

• I live here.

• overrated!!

What Guys Said 16

• Best country in the history of civilization. Continues to be, even today.
    Millions want to come here.

• I feel Pride, I feel Dedication, i feel Compassion, I feel Love, I feel worry, I feel caution, I feel...

I am an American fighting man. I stand for my nation before any other and I do so willingly. I would give my life for her and what she is to me.

our nation has seen turmoil before and will again. our freedoms ensure that to be true.

we have our issues, there is no doubt. I am not fond of our current leaders, nor the alt left or the alt right.

I am however fond of of who we are as total people and who we will be in years to come

• It's pretty fucked up right now, but I can't think of any other country I'd rather live in.

• I still believe in the fundamentals

• United Kingdom is better
    http://i.imgur.com/gfSwdjt.jpg

• They scare me stiff.

• It's the "divided" states of america.

• On a scale of 1-10, I rank it FREEDOM!!!

• 'Murica

• They exist.

• Full of nonsense sometimes.

• It's the best country in the world

• Thinking about leaving, and resigning citizenship.

• The best!
    Sure there are things that need improving, but if you visit some other countries in the world and see just how terrible a lot of them are, then you will appreciate the USA more.

• I think it's really easy for people to talk shit on the United States (and I'm guilty of this too), since it has many flaws. However, many of my friends and coworkers from other countries (e. g. Mexico, Vietnam, China, Ivory Coast, Chile, Ukraine, etc.) seem to love it here. I can't tell you how many times I've been told that I'm so lucky to be an American.

Now is the United States a perfect country? Hell no. Am I happy to live here? Hell yes.

• John Wayne in country form