How easy are you in coming out of your comfort zone?

I must admit that although I'm not that afraid, in general I like longer periods inside my comfort zone.
Having people around me who I trust, and doing activities of which I know I'm capable, removes stress.
I added a poll, my score would be about 3 I think :D
Score 1 = very uncomfortable to leave my comfort zone, 10 = it's second nature.

• 1 or 2 - I'm totally a comfort zone person
  • 3 or 4 - I like to leave my comfort zone occasionally
  • 5 or 6 - I'm okay with it, not looking for it
    Vote C
  • 7 or 8 - I do it often and like it
    Vote D
  • 9 or 10 - Kick the stupid comfort into a ravine!
    Vote E

1411

Most Helpful Girl

• Not easy at all. I have been told I am difficult. Once I get to know you, and I become comfortable in trusting you, then I will be myself. If something tells me something is off about you, I will always be quiet around you or just not associate myself with you.

• Yeah, I think it's better to be like that.
      It will protect you from some creeps 8) :D

• Definetely a very wise answer, MH is all yours :D

Most Helpful Guy

• There's nothing wrong with enjoying your comfort zone. You're literally just doing what makes you happy. Hate it when people have a pop at you for it.

What Girls Said 13

• everyone's going to be uncomfortable or gonna find it at least a little hard coming out of their comfort zone. that's what a comfort zone does.. I try not to over-think things though. that helps me take the leap out...

• I think that's a 100% correct answer! We have to push and hope it pays off :D

• I wish I could say that I was always doing something to challenge myself but just leaving the house sometimes is as good as it gets.

• Oh dear that sounds like a life in isolation. Are you afraid to come out, or very shy or so?

• It's not so easy for me to do.

• For me neither... only do it occasionally but have to push myself :D

• I would say in the middle. It depends on what it is that I'm doing outside of my comfort zone. If it involves investing trust in someone, then I would be on the low end.

• I have that too: once I trust and like you than I'll do a lot for you... but initially I observe and analyze, looking for things that worry me.
      Once the analysis was negative in terms of worries, I'll open up :D

• Yep yep:)

• I would say I am 1 or two, I am very uncomfortable leaving my comfort zone due to personal reasons.

• I'm struggling with that too. I don't like being around a lot of people in public

• I don't mind, except if the attention is on me and it's all about something I know too little about.
      When I'm the person with the knowlegde I'm fairly comfortable.

• Recently I've been forcing myself to step out of my comfort zone. Overall I'm ok in most situations.

• I need to do that as well... but usually once I've pushed myself it works out :D

• Another thing I've learned that helps me is if I approach the situation first. I have more control that way.

• Oh yeah me too, I feel far more comfortable if I can make plans to solve a situation... whereas if I'm the victim of a situation and do nothing I feel most worried an uncomfortable :o

• I think the definition of "comfort zone" varies widely so it's hard to say. When I was younger I was pretty much up for anything and got very badly hurt many times. Now I'm a lot more cautious who/what I spend my time and energy on.

• I agree the definition of comfort zone is not equal to all of us... answers sounds logical, we learn over the years :D

• Thanks a very true one, I think it's the definition of one's comfort zone... and how we have to break out of it if we want to reach something in life :D

• I'm occasionally really shy but just depends on the person

• I'm kinda okay with it

• Yeah just explore the world Amy... Belgium is too small for both of us haha :D

• I do it all the time mostly from people who pressure me to do it😂 mainly physical stuff like climbing buildings and trying out a new (hard) track on my dirtbike. Most people I hang around are always new and I'm always crazy with them lol

• Keep doing it, and yes indeed we all need that push to get out of the comfort zone :D

• Cannot.

• very rarely

What Guys Said 10

• On average I am not comfortable with opening up to people or trying new things. There are up and down periods though. On one occasion I feel like "Yeah, I'll go for it" and the next I feel like "I can't do it. Forget it". A lot of things influence how close or far our comfort zone boundary is.

• If you do it often and like it, then how is that out of your comfort zone? Wouldn't that just mean you have a bigger comfort zone? It seems like comfort zone by definition is some pattern of behaviors you typically follow... if you're constantly doing new things then you just have a wide comfort zone amirite?

• I think your comfort zone is indeed your normal behavior, since you're comfortable you can cope. You know the road, you know you have the knowledge and so on.
      Trying out new things if leaving that comfort zone. I do it but I have to push myself or be pushed :D

• I consciously try to do it as much as possible.

It helps you to grow, challenges you, and keeps you sharp.

• And yet again, scale is wrong. 0: not at all.
    You have 7 pool options? 11 and 7 are primes, it won’t work no matter how you try.
    And just out of defiance to these scales, which wrongly begins at 1, I vote 0. The fact, that it’s probably accurate, is just a coincidence, of course. If you believe in them.

• Oh gosh, I guess your logic is correct but I've seen more "on a scale from 1 to 10" questions so I guess 0 to 11 just exists as well.
      Vote 0 is noted, thanks :D

• @PunkinPie I firmly believe, that neutral is an option. It’s not a cop-out. It’s just not. There are so many issues, where my stance is neutral. Either of ignorance or because I simply don’t care. And besides that…my relationship with majority of people, who currently live, is neutral. There are not my friends or enemies. I don’t understand, why everything should be so polarizing. In the simplest, the scale should be -1, 0, 1. Neutral with 2 polar choices. Simple, yet powerful.
      I refuse to choose side. Besides me having own ideas, I might not agree with either. How is that cop-out? Tell that your colleagues.
      And yes, this might have consequence, that you’ve discover, that people just…don’t care. I ask one thing. How is this a bad thing? You wanted to know their opinion, and they told you. They don’t care. So, you are here for search of the truth, or do you have some agenda?

• @PunkinPie I guess I was arguing with your colleagues more than with you. Actually, that would probably go just to them. :-D
      To this actual poll: Yes, I know. :-) You’re right, there is an option for me, but I probably just wanted to rebel against this poll and its system.
      Here is the thing. For me it is never „it’s just…“ No. You’ll put out your best. Every. God. Damn. Time.
      I believe you. :-) And I’m not helping that, do I? Maybe to your grave. :-D

• I know realize that outside of the comfort zone is where the magic happens, so I try to actively go out even if it's very awkward

• I'm about a 3/4 on comfort zone ratings. I like to leave my comfort zone occasionally..

• depends who I am with, on my own 10/10. with some people id say 8 or 9. Then there are people who act like anchors weighing you further into your comfort zone.

• I see what you mean, the comfort zone becomes more interesting if "he" or "she" is around... when that person is "the problem" :-(
      Monsters in law for example :o

• Comfort zone? What is that?

• I actually enjoy that A LOT!!!

• Terrible haha