What is the single most courageous thing you've ever done?

Mine is : Rebuilding my life , and regaining my strength after i lost so much. The pain & long struggle paid off in the end , because i gained back more than i ever lost. I somehow found the courage to go on when i no longer had the strength

821

Most Helpful Guy

• I jumped out of an airplane.

Well, I was thrown out, to be precise, BUT I did not shit myself. Which in this case is, let's say, rather admirable.

Most Helpful Girl

• Becoming a strong person after seeing my dad suffer with bout of severe depression, PTSD and suicidal tendencies, it gave me insight and compassion for all others and I vowed to never let anything ever make me feel like that ever, and to fight for what I want (within good reason). Now the most important thing to me is ensuring the happiness of myself and loved ones.

What Guys Said 20

• Filled in at offensive tackle when we were short on linemen at football practice back in my semipro days, and went toe to toe with this monster for an hour or so, lmao. Was giving up a cool 60 lbs to this guy, hahaha. Actually handled myself pretty well in pass protection๐Ÿ˜Ž Got absolutely manhandled on run plays though, lmfao๐Ÿ˜… Lucky to come out of it alive, haha.

• Saved my little brother's life when I was 15,, he was gagging and turning red in the face at the dinner table,, parents froze didn't know what to do, I had just taken a first aid class, Got behind him and wrapped my arms around him and got his stomach a squeeze,, the meat popped out.

What was amazing is I just took that class, 2 days before.

• Congratulations on your new found successes and achievements!

• Thanks! That's kind of you ! :)

• Hey, shit can go sideways fast in life without our control even. So the most important thing to know in life is how to deal with this fact and adapt to it, by either improving the situation somehow or learning to deal with the outcome. If you can do this in life, you will survive.

• Thanks! that's great advice ! :)

• Changing life descions, actually following my own lifestyle and not accepting customs and traditions it's hard when you live in Arabia apparently being human is hard in Arabia but whatever.
    But my most courageous I think is standing up for a woman I saw getting harassed on the streets almost got an injury from the fucks who were harassing

• Having a rather unpopular opinion and not going anonymous for it. It resulted in mass downvotes and upvotes.
    Moving out from my parents madness filled home.
    Telling a girl "Let's split the bill" on the first date. Hah! I didn't even had a first date in my life.

• I'm not sure honestly

• Learned how to control my drinking. A daily struggle, but worth it. Having a family is more important than succumbing to you're addictions ๐Ÿค˜๐Ÿค˜

• Sounds like you went through a lot. I've really haven't been through much besides dealing with emotional bullying or loneliness all my life. I haven't done anything "courageous" to fix that yet. That's a problem all in it's own. But I am grateful for all the opportunities I have.

• Thanks for your reply. Dealing with emotional bullying and loneliness is extremely painful and difficult. I believe courage isn't always about fixing things, it can be managing to cope with what you are suffering through , but still being able to go on.

• Yes but "managing" can only do so much. I MUST work to make the change!
      Or else regret it.

• removing USB devices without using Safe Removal.

• ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

• Hardcore, dude.

• stopped a woman from getting physically abused by her boyfriend when I was 15 yr old and he was 31 yr old

• Cut someone's face, infront of his mates
    Walton, 2014

• Picked up the very tiny shattered pieces of myself again and again, and joined them back together

• first good on you...

mine was in combat, not gonna openly discuss here

• Saved my mother from a house fire when I was young. It was weird though. I don't feel as if I can really take credit for it because it wasn't a conscious thing, it's like something took over me.

• Stood up and Fight my bully

• stop drinking

• talking to a hot girl

• Save my mom from getting run over by a nutty driver who would of killed her with car

• I saved two peoples lives without having to put my own in jeopardy, so its not a big deal to me. But it was cool to meet them.

• I'm building on my self confidence

What Girls Said 7

• Avenged a con-man. He nearly ruined lives of many people some were my friends. He miscalculated things a bit and I used this. Also helped to put him in jail.

• This is beautiful. I need to keep doing this. I'm not through yet.

• Not killing myself

• Learned to trust in my instincts and keep up with discipline.

• I'm not courage

• stand up on court at the age of 11

• Stopped a friend from getting stabbed in high school. I still have the scar but I am proud my friend got away safe.