Do you think that people expect the same emotions of you that they feel themselves?

If someone feels that a subject is highly emotive to them, do you think that some part of them expects that it should be to you too?

Most Helpful Girl

• Well, I don't expect people whom I hate to hate me back... I still want them to like me.. just because.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yup, I'm pretty sure that everyone expects at least a little bit of emotional empathy when talking about topics that are dear to themselves.
    Sometimes that gets pretty tough though, and I'd assume that more often than not, people pretend to care a lot more than they actually do just to not dissatisfy the other person. At least I often catch myself doing that, or that's what I feel when observing others.
    So I'll go with yes. To a certain degree. Because we always expect the other person to care as well, since we don't actually want to talk about any of the topics we like if we feel like nobody cared.

Hope that made sense

What Girls Said 13

• I don't expect other people to feel the same emotions as I do over something that affects me deeply , because I know everyone is affected emotionally by different things, but when people are going through hardships , I believe deep down they want someone to be able to relate to how they feel. It makes them feel less isolated if someone understands how they feel

• If I'm sharing my feelings with someone I don't share with just anyone. I'll choose someone open minded. I'm empathetic in most situations, to a certain degree. I don't know if that's a good or bad thing.

• No one can feel what I feel. at the same time, I would expect kindness. If it's not there, then I'm not there with them.

• Yes. I sometimes feel this way too.

• Having empathy, sympathy, & compassion is important to me because it shows the person cares & they are able to imagine or put themselves in my position & understanding how I felt or feel at that time. It shows that the person actually has a heart. Firstly, if I even bothered to tell you it means something deeply because it's hard for some people to open up but if all I'm getting is a "damn" or "I don't know what to say" is pretty shitty & would guarantee I won't EVER bother telling the person shit else deep

• yes I do. And being empathic also.

• yes I think so and i expect that person I loved is the same emotion of mine.
    but im not sure if he's emotion fade with me with me.. and act he cares and wanted me but truly I feel for him he really doesn't Care me.
    cos he doesn't do like a true lovers do I really don't know how deep down he wants me and what he really feel.

• no. and that's fine bc I have a right to feel how I feel

• Yes. I'm pretty good at knowing people's mind and reaction and like that.

• I sure hope not. I will feel my own way about thing not anyone else's way.

• . yes

• It's hard to be going through something feeling alone. I expect others to be happy for me when something good happens but everyone's different. Depends how invested that person is in your life and relationship

• Being an empath, and feeling things as deeply as I do, I thought everyone experiences emotions this way. I was ignorant, and I'm sorry.

What Guys Said 7

• Yes, if something is important to an individual, they would have a very centric focus on whatever the subject is. Unfortunately, they see others as being as invested which leads people to equate apathy of a subject to being against it.

E. g. If you say all lives matter you don't support black lives matter.

If you are a conservative you are a racist.

If you are a Democrat you are a supporter of antifa

• Ya... sure it does in my opinion as when we share something with other that's rather close to us, we or in general anyone will seek that they feel something in that response too. So, can say more or less everyone expect something from others' oneway or around..

• No 😊

• Yes, because people like others being in tune with their own feelings. It's a part of human bonding.

• Not as much as they want you to appreciate how strongly they feel, and especially to understand why they're feeling it.

• Yes. Especially if they are overly upset about something that to you is really no big deal.

• yes they do