Have you ever been scammed , either in real life or on the internet?

Just curious after watching a documentary about people being scammed

626

Most Helpful Guy

• I've had it when I looked at my Visa account and found out I took a trip to California and bought a room at some hotel I've never heard of. Also, when I was younger and didn't think much about "free money", a guy asked me if I could take his check and hold it in my account for him and then take out some money and I could keep the rest. It turned out to be a fucked up check and so I had to pay the money back to the bank.

But after that check incident, I wised up really fast and my trust level with money is more guarded for sure. As well, I'm careful with my CCs and check my statements frequently.

But either than this, not sure if I've been scammed as such. Although I have a feeling that the greatest scam is still going on in life (overall) and we aren't seeing it or are prevented from seeing it.

Most Helpful Girl

• I've been in a situation couple of times where people have either given me (or my boyfriend to give me) flowers, even if I said no first. They've been like "No no, just take it". When I've accepted the flowers and tried to walk away, they start prying for money for the flowers. This is not exactly what you were talking about probably, but still felt a bit fooled. Haven't fallen for an actual scam, though.

What Guys Said 25

• I once order a penis enlargement kit and they sent me a microscope so does that count?

I'm joking by the way :)
    I've never been scammed online but in real life people have over charged me for items.

• Yes. I had a friend who I trusted at the time, but they were truthfully deceptive, and selfish, and terrible humans.

They were only friends with me to:

even out the boy:girl ratio in the circle

to get closer to my friends circle, the one that had stayed relatively untouched throughout a few school years

and, I've always been a nice guy, I try and be good to everyone. They realised that they weren't really popular and thought by having me, a person who at least talks to a lot of people, they'd be more popular and boost their egos.

• On the internet people have tried to scam me but they've always failed.

• Touch wood it hasn't happened yet but there has been a few surprises with people I started to trust and then the dodgy request came, one especially.

• Yeah unfortunately on the internet years ago

• have a friend that got scammed by russian when he was buying online a minecraft premium account. without it guess nithing

• If you wire me $20 I'll answer the question

• yup, been scammed once for a modeling job

• I been victim of romance scammer but I've caught on to them.

• Only upside of being an untrusting dick, I never fall for scams.

• no,

But I have reported scammers to Alaska Airlines, the scammers was trying to look for someone to help with an inheritance for a lost love one on an Airline flight they died on.. only needed my bank account number and they pay me,, of course they wanted to clean out me account.

I'm sure Alaska Airlines reported to the FBI,, but they are short handed to handle that stuff.

• in a game yes
    otherwise not

• close. but got it in time.

• Scientology is kinda scammy and my family has been involved.

• attempted, but I caught them.

• Not really. My debit card got stuck at a machine in South beach here in Miami and got robbed out hundred something dollars I guess by some crooks.

• i scammed countless times on dating sites , they steal my time , DATİNG SİTES one of biggest fraud in the world right now. and seems like everybody content with it.

• I was goimg to a body shop for my car one place wanted to charge 3 times another place wanted

• No😊

• Just minor shit in foreign countries, maybe overpaying for a taxi or something. Nothing major

• Yes, several times

• Yah by a phone company saying I dint pay my bill an i had a money order receipt

• Yes once and I've made sure it never happened again! l.

• I have been close to it, my friends have also been scammed too

• no never

What Girls Said 5

• I haven't but I'm also really careful.

• no but they tried

• Yeah was scam by last guy I dated, was a wolf in sheep's clothing. Made out we were in some sort of relationship when he was just using me for sex. Duped!

• involving money, no. Involving emotions, yes

• Noh.