Is inner beauty really more important?

I certainly think so! Although, in today's world, I feel like it's the opposite. You get more opportunities when you possess features that make you "attractive" by society's standards.

637

Most Helpful Guy

• They're equally important if you're beautiful outside guys or girls will approach you but the most important thing is how you behave in society and I think that's a part of inner beauty. There's a girl in my class she's hot but the way she talks totally ruins my mood and it's a total turn off πŸ˜•

Most Helpful Girl

• Lmao, I feel like everyone is like "UwU U r bootiful and no one shuld tell u otherwise!!! What's on the inside matters more than the outside!!" and then go back to chasing the prettiest fish in the sea just because they have nice colours. It's quite hypocritical and a lot of people say that and do the opposite. For me personally it's 65% personality, 35% looks. I think looks do matter but my standards are fairly low, I just want a person who can support me and I can support them back. Looks are overrated? Yes. But do they not matter? They do matter, just less than they acually deserve or should be paid attention towards. I'd suppose that if you're more inclined towards sex looks matter more.

• I'm not saying looks don't matter at all... I mean they do. It's important to be at least somewhat attracted to a person you're considering dating, of course. I'm just talking in general though, not exclusively when it comes to relationships.

What Guys Said 36

• It is essential and certainly required for attraction. But to give it priority as more important? I disagree. It is an equal t physical beauty. I have to be physically attracted to someone to be intimate with them. But I also have to be able to get along with them.

• Important definitely! I don't know if I'd say "more important" as I believe it is also equally important that you are physically attracted to your partner. But personality definitely plays a part in that.

• Well I wasn't only referring to inner beauty when it comes to relationships πŸ˜›

• That's also a big part of it

• society is a joke. Anybody mature who knows what they want in life will love you for your inner beauty and emotions. They will allow their relationship with you to be personal and not based on the unrealistic standards of others

• By inner beauty I'm assuming you're talking about personality in this case, yes it is important but they are both very important in general, sometimes one is more important than the other and sometimes not.

• It's like 50/50

• Like I don't want to date a possessive evil rude bitch and I also don't want to date a ugly sewer troll. Needs to be a balance

• Yeah that makes sense

• Yes. Imagine dating someone ugly in the inside... that would be miserable.

• Inner beauty definitely matters more.
    A dessert doesn't taste good just because it has a pretty wrapping.

• They're equally important

• Let us be frank. In 2017, people look for outer beauty in first sight. Then the next comes the behavior towards themselves. Thats what matters. Selfish world.

• for me, inner beauty is more important than look and outer beauty

• Looks are luke copper : it fades and needs lot's op polish to keep up the appearance.. While a good heart is like a diamond.

• It depends

• I think a girl with a beautiful personality is what i always look for in a girl.
    So her inner beauty is more important to me.

• Not really for me. And by the way, did you block me? Lol. Can't message you, it says you don't follow me

• For me inner beauty is more important.

• 100% Todays society seems to look at people without knowing how you are as a person

Innerbeauty is still a thing and of worth though

• Outer beauty is useless without inner beauty
    What's the point of being nice to look at if no one can stand to be around you

• When i look to a girl at first time, i will only see if she's beautiful or not, so it matters. But i think that inner beauty is more important. I really dont like girls without it.

• yes inner beauty is important, just don't go too deep!
    keep it under the cloth and above your skin

• Yeah

• Yes. β˜ΊοΈπŸ’•

• Good fucking luck finding inner beauty in anyone tho.

• A but pessimistic, are we?

• Nope, just realistic.
      I have dated ugly, average as well as good looking people.

The truth is, everyone sucks on the inside the same and you will just have to deal with them.
      When they are good looking, you will at least have some motivation to do so.

• Nope

• yes it matters

• simple. people care for your outside beauty. yourself care for your inner beauty

• Back in the day men didn't care as long as you were submissive so we have come a long way

• definitely... even it will be on priority when there is question to choose out both

• For me it's very important much more than looks

• to some probably not but to me that's what I like

• More from Guys
    6

What Girls Said 5

• its important yea.. but like you said society is more attracted with the way you look

• I think so, yes. You can fine as wine on the outside but very ugly on the inside, and let me tell you that just makes you ugly as a whole.

• 100% sure that inner beauty is the most important thing in the world. You can have a very physically attractive boyfriend but if he is rude with you, your life is going to be miserable

• Yes it's most important, looks come second.

• For most guys, no.

• Don't agree. It's women constantly looking at other women, how they look, what are they wearing, what kind osmf shoes... Etc