Why do little kids scream for fun?

I live next to a kindergarten and every day at least once the kids just scream from the top of their lungs for fun. They have screaming matches and see who can scream the loudest or the highest.

I already don't like children at all and them screaming makes me want to slap them with something heavy. 😠 I have asked my mom if we did that with my sisters when we were young and she said we didn't. Do you remember doing that? Can you remember what for? I just try to understand their reasons so it wouldn't piss me off as much.

932

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah, totally on board with that, shrieking children is one of my least favorite sounds. I feel like kids are just experimenting with their voices a lot at that age. I get wicked annoyed at my job, which brings me to all these different supermarkets and Walmart's and whatnot, because there always seems to be some toddler making crazy noise. This little girl the other day seemed like she just discovered how high she could go, and she's just going "EEE-EEE-EEE-EEE-EEE-EEE..." for like five minutes, I could hear her from aisles away. I mean whatever, it was like a 3 year old, but where are YOU, mom? I blame the parents who allow it. I don't know if parents just learn to tune it out or what, but if I had a kid, priority A-1 is to teach this thing to behave on command in public, stationary and largely silent. I will never understand parents who don't teach their kids to shut the fuck up in public settings. I understand it's a challenge, but you accepted it by having a baby. Be a fucking parent. I would have gotten my hide tanned when we got home if I had behaved like that and embarrassed my parents. But these trashbag families I see at Walmart apparently don't care. That's one of the #1 things that stops me from buying a house, lmao, the fear of buying and then having a family with little kids move in within earshotπŸ˜–πŸ˜–πŸ˜–

Related side note: adult women, what the fuck is up with the shrill screaming when a fight between dudes breaks out? RELAX, it's a fistfight, no one's gonna dieπŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„

Most Helpful Girl

• It's a way to express their joy and excitement. Little ones are full of energy, at some point they need a time to run around and be as loud as they want to be. Many adults don't like it, so they set 'being quite' as a strict rule. There is such thing called recess in schools to give kids the opportunity to release the energy they have. Notice that recess is only allowed at a certain time so that kids don't get to be noisy and distracting whenever they want, without restricting them from having fun. Now, if being loud is consistent then it's wrong, it's bad behavior. As a kid, being quiet is a sign of good behavior. I even remember receiving a prize for being the quietest kid in class, cause it was considered as a good thing, and I wasn't annoying any teachers. Apart from that I do very well remember one time I was screaming and running around, I was not doing it for fun, I was **scared**. I was with my cousins and our maid told us that this horrible creature was going to get us and we better start running for our lives right now! All of us freaked out, I naively believed her. I was screaming out of genuine fear, it really was against my intentions. I never meant to be unnecessarily loud. Sorry for the long text.

What Guys Said 31

• You don't like children 😧. It's always shocking to me to hear a woman say that. Biological? Maybe. Either way, they're children, especially in kindergarten... What do you expect? Their brains aren't fully developed and even the way they speak is obtuse. They do a lot of goofy things and screaming sometimes and acting hyper is just one of many ways to release their energy and have fun.

• I think it's a way for them to express they're having fun together... but indeed it's enerving when for hours in a row some noisy kids are playing nearby.
    I generally say "since they're kids it's okay" but when it lasts for hours it's everything but relaxing :o

• Oh god its so annoying. My parents live by a day care center. Little bastards would scream so loud when they took them outside to play they'd wake me up. We never did that as kids either. I don't know why kids do it. But if you find out. Tell them Santa doesn't bring toys to screaming kids or something πŸ˜‚

• I don't know that answer to that.

Annoying, isn't it?

• It relieves stress. Its part of play therapy

• We should be using electrotherapy.
      Because it's been proven lethal.

• your mom probably tuned out your screaming. all kids scream. it's what they do.
    Some learn to stop. the ones that don't are called politicians.

• Once the kids understande that the shift of power with more kids then adults they try to get away with as much as they can.

• Because thay gives them attention. Also, parents give childs so much praise for learning to talk and saying things; That feeling of reward won't be forgotten that easily.

• Because children suck.

• That's how they express their anxiousness and relief stress. You on the other hand smoke a cigarette to be relief. Which is wrong. You should rather learn how to pray and teach children how to pray too and they will no more need to scream.

• What are you talking about? I don't smoke cigarettes. πŸ˜„

• I meant most adults smoke to relief stress or do some type of drug. not you specifically. But you get the message. God is better than anything else.

• I guess it's an adrenaline rush, especially for little girls. Rather unsettling at times.

• Little children love to be enjoying and doing fun activities

• Slap little kids with something heavy huh? You're a feisty one.

• But a smart one. Kids are sent from hell for one purpose:
      To fuck.
      Up the Earth.

• They are kids lol

• maybe they are just having fun

• I don't know but it is absolutely awful lol

• Rather than slapping them, just go to them and screaming at the top of our voice (just scream)😊 It's fun😊😊

• It actually is. The half-scared, half-amazed look on their faces when I use my hell screech is priceless.

• Better ask to their teachers why they do this, perhaps they would be have a best opinion

• Because they're little shits at that age...

Simples...

• Release of energy

• Because kids are as dumb as the Everest is high.

• No but little girls use to scream for any thing

• they are stupid simple

• They scream because they are hell demons

• Too much energy, screaming just lets it out. I agree though. its awful.

• It's specifically designed to fuck with adults. This is why I had a vasectomy at age 18.

• same reasons girls do

• I can ''handle'' them for a heft price

• If they don't scream at this age, when are they gonna scream again? When a relationship gets corrupted? No. And, it's surprising how a woman complain about kids having fun >:(

• Yeah I hear kids doing that and it is annoying. I don't recall kids doing that when I was young. Teachers or our parents would have told us not to be so loud.

Off topic, but have you heard kids, not that young but maybe around 10, making sex sounds? I am wondering where they get this from. Maybe seeing porn or hearing their parents. No way did I ever hear kids that young doing that when I was in school.

• Yes, but they were actually having sex and the other daycare officials had to break it up. Being the pervy little shit I was at age 7, I watched the whole thing.

• More from Guys
    1

What Girls Said 8

• My brother does it too and he is 8.
    It's annoying lol. I think it's an expression of joy, they get so excited, they scream. I used to do it too and it was when were playing tag, or any game where it involved a group or a person chasing, or trying to catch me.

• I think they have a lot of energy

• Because they have the devil inside. They also kick you and set things on fire, Lucifer on the loose.

• Kids aren't jaded. They have little social anxiety. They want to play and explore the world around them. Screaming is part of the fun. As we grow we lose out free spirit and become shared my life.

• *our free Spirit and become shaped by life.

• Uhh... fuck no. I still have my free spirit. Life hasn't shaped me at all. Then again, that's because I have around 20 "mental disorders".

• It's a different sound to them and they are amused by it.

• Screaming is fun.

• Kids just like being annoying. And I live the type of kids who make you reconsider having kids. Those are the best.

• please don't even complain until you have 4 screaming little ones in your house πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ we will never know why but im sure we did the same shit as kids so its the way of life.