Is this a good example of "Don't knock it till you try it" for people against guns?

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 9

• No.
    Having fun with weapons in a purpose-built environment for having fun with weapons, will not (And didn't, if you watch the whole video) change the minds of someone against guns.

I might go to a racetrack and have fun speeding around for a while, doesn't mean I think traffic laws are dumb.

• That's kind of funny but omg, they kept trying to turn around with the gun still pointed in front of them and their finger still on the trigger, especially that girl with the shotgun. That was making me nervous.

Some people seem to lack common sense when it comes to guns and then normal, responsible gun-owners are blamed. So, I don't think anti-gun people should go to a range to "see what it's like" if they aren't going to take it seriously.

• I wouldn't compare being against guns to not liking a certain food or something. It's not about using them in safe ways, it's about the dangers of when they are used in unsafe ways.

• it must be fun to shoot like this.. but there are few responsible gun owners and a large number of more morons who shouldn't be handling weapons..

• lot of idiot morons who shouldn't own a driver's license either

• @Yumix oh well, my claim was for 2013. time to update it.

Like i said from the start, in a perfect world lol. In a perfect world, all issues would be fixed. You can't just fix both issues because we have group A, people who support firearms, and group B, people who protest firearms. Saying gun control is absolutely necessary is as useless as you saying just fix both issues already. You can rebuttal it all you want, and I'll just keep saying in a perfect world, because in truth, no one has the right answer. Wanna look at it from a philosophical point of view? Humans are the problem. Stop blaming guns. But it's not that simple to you. Again, in a perfect world.

Nah, operating a vehicle is a privilege, and I would say the same goes to owning a gun but since it is actually a right, I can't. Although I would like to say it is a privilege that can be revoked from anyone.

• That's completely backwards.

• I love guns. I don't have a nasty bone in my body, and I don't shoot animals or people =) I just like target practice

• Some people aren't against guns because they are not fun, their against them because they're dangerous... I mean driving down the motorway naked while riding a dildo might be fun... its just not not bloody safe..

• @NormaTavish a gun is just a tool. Most tools are dangerous. But all are necessary. Should we outlaw ladders because they cause over 164,000 emergency room visits and over 300 deaths per year in America alone? I'd say no. It's a useful tool that got misused. There's a massive fantasy about guns. Many people don't fully understand them.. and people fear what they don't understand.

• Also the stats don't lie. Just over 33k gun deaths per year. I know that's terrible but the number of times per year that guns are used in legitimate self defense is over 2.5 million per year And over 200,000 rapes prevented per year by legal firearm use

• Cool, guns are awesome.

• No didn't really change my mind on it cause I really don't care to use or touch guns.

• good one

What Guys Said 21

• Its not surprising that they didn't change their minds about guns. But I think it at least made them think of it differently. The girl who said she didn't like the feeling of enjoying it just couldn't admit the truth to herself.

I've always thought that shooting guns is a very natural thing. I actually think it's something genetic, programmed into us over the ages. Not guns specifically. It's like if you take any kid to a river or lake, they are probably going to pick up rocks or sticks and start throwing them in the water. If a log or something floats by they will start trying to hit it.

I think this is nature not nurture. People freak out about guns. Why not archery? Archery is the same thing. It's the same as trowing rocks at the log floating along. It's the same as trying to hit the pins with a bowling ball, or trying to hit the goal with a soccer ball, or wadding up a piece of paper and trying to hit the trash can across the room.

People who don't know anything about guns don't realize that the satisfaction of shooting guns is the same as all those other things.

One thing those people in the video probably learned, but wasn't mentioned, was that rapid firing a semi-auto like in the movies is BS. I'm sure they learned to rethink all the media and political hype over certain types of weapons. If they had been handed a 100 year old six shooter and compared it to the 9mm, they'd realize that they couldn't fire that semi-auto any faster than the six shooter.

They might still be against guns, but I bet every one of them rethinks at least some of the things hey believed about them. Heck, they might even realize that they've been told lies by the politicians and media. If they've been told lies about some parts of it, maybe they've been told lies about other parts as well.

It would be interesting to hear from them six months from now after they've had time to think about it. They were all surprised, and needed some time to let it soak in.

• A well thought out response. Respect.

• I suppose. Though in this case the point of having the second amendment right to bare arms is irrelevant to whether or not you like shooting a gun. It existed for self defense as well as to insure that the government did not over extend its power as the founding fathers of our government realized would happen if they did not maintain the right to bare arms as Britain itself barred the practice of martial arts and use of weapons in india when they took over, they barred the same with Ireland and Scotland as well all in an attempt to prevent them from revolting against them. Same thing happened in south America if memory serves as well, its the best way of controlling a populace because it takes away their ability to defend themselves (as Stalin, lennon, mao did with their own people) against the ones in power but it also creates a mind set of helplessness, as these liberals have shown, the fear of the weapon so they are both helpless in defending themselves and twice as scared of those who do have weapons.

• i don't think most anti-gun or gun control proponent types have issues with whether or not shooting guns is fun. i think the issue that people who are against guns or in favor of gun control is the spread of violence, injury and death that guns seem to invariably cause

i love shooting guns. but i am not in favor of the loose gun rules we have

• tbh, it was too easy to buy my first gun lol.

• I have been around guns all my life without incidence and I did thwart some very bad incidences with them but fortunately by noise only. I have been around some people that should never handle a gun because they have no common sense and would be a danger. There are many other things that can kill you just as fast as a gun and these same people should never handle those things either. The one girl with bangs that said she would come back and do it again might be an exception.

• Putting a item in ones hand that was designed with the sole purpose of killing... I mean... isn't USA the perfect sample of how guns ownership is bad

I mean you almost barely hear of situations where a gun has actually helped... because you don't really know when something is going to happen.. having a gun in the drawer and being at gun point is not going to change anything
    All it seems to do is put guns in the WRONG hands... and cops becoming trigger happy shooting random folks...
    Over 300 million guns circulating the states... it's a disaster

• Honestly it says more about Liberals than anything else. This is pretty much the reaction you'd expect. Liberals tend to be more emotional thinkers and their position on guns prior to firing one is clearly driven by fear in many cases.

But shooting a gun is exhilarating for most people, it's a lot of fun, so you can expect that positive emotional experience to have an influence. Even if it doesn't ultimately change their political stance.

• It's a shooting range, they have those even in European countries where private gun ownership is very rare. If you like shooting at a range it doesn't mean you're in favor of drunken rednecks concealed carrying in bars.

Also, there are very few countries that really ban private gun ownership, but there are a lot of countries that have such draconian requirements as actually showing you can safely handle a gun through a military/police/licensed training program, that could make a lot of centrists and liberals more okay with private gun ownership. I guess the NRA doesn't want something like that though because a) it makes too much sense, and b) they know half their membership would never pass a safety course.

• I think that principal applies in just about every debate, guns being no exception.
    It's ridiculous to condemn something you know nothing about. And even if they are informed and still don't like it, that's fine, they don't have to.
    I don't like a lot of things, doesn't mean I want them banned.

• No, absolutely not.
    You can't use a term like " Don't knock it till you try it." In regards to guns. That's fucking ignorant. These are not toys. These are dangerous tools made for taking a life. And that should never be treated lightly.
    I understand the importance of firearms.
    But this is not a game. And it should never be treated as such.

• I would like to try that some day. Just for the fun experience. But these should not be sold to random people. You know that everyone is safe in this setting, but who knows what might happen on the streets?

• Just because I think it's fun to use them doesn't mean that I'm okay with every idiot having easy access to them

• in a perfect world lol

• it doesn't need a perfect world. If we'd believe the NRA then without the guns the country would drown in chaos but somehow it's just working perfectly fine in other countries. The US has by far the highest number of guns per 10000 population of western countries but also the highest amount of gun related deaths. Kinder surprise eggs are illegal and a bit of nudity in media is scandalous but letting even kids shoot with machine guns is perfectly fine... it's ridiculous.

• @Yumix
    What u don't hear after a massacre is that there was a legal gun owner nearby that saw the would be killer and stopped him because he was armed too. When u restrict guns only criminals will have them. Criminals rarely buy guns through legal means. Good people will follow the law and remain unarmed while criminals will always arm themseves

• yeah and because in the US are by far the most weapons of western countries, it also has by far the least mass shootings and massacres... right? Oh wait, it's the exact opposite.

Just because there is a way for criminals to get their hands on guns doesn't mean you should get them easy access to begin with. If they don't have easy access, they have to smuggle them, buy them on the darknet, etc... places which are much riskier where you can get caught, where the authorities have a better chance to catch them. Maybe you can't stop criminal organizations with it, but you stop most of the spontaneous crimes, or at least they end less severe if the attacker just has a knife instead of a machine gun.

The whole "we need them to protect ourselves" thing is crap and you can easily see that by just looking at most other western countries which have way less guns but also way less gun violence and other problems.

• In 2014 over 20,000 people in the U. S committed suicide by gun. www.thetrace.org/.../
      Gun deaths in the U. S are mostly suicides more gun deaths by suicide
      Obviously the country needs serious changes on the access of guns to those who are mentally ill.

• U serious right now? When someone commits suicide the criminal is automatically eliminated and thus not a threat. And if u take away guns they will kill themselves another way. Cutting hanging and poisoning are almost as common.

• I think I would agree with guy near the end - No problem with people using guns on the range but would still favour strict control in the outside world.

• People are against guns until their house is assaulted by an armed criminal, and their woman raped without him being able to defend himself, impotent.

• Ane yet people for guns keep wondering why school/job shootings are happening and why their children/spouses are coming home dead instead of alive.

• And please don't bring up the excuse that if we ban guns then we should ban other things like knives, forks, baseball bats etc. just cause other objects can be used to kill people. The point is that guns are a more popular weapon used to kill cause its a lot easier, quicker, and less messier, and provides very little dna evidence from the person who committed the murder. It's why people use guns instead of knives or any other deadly object when hunting, you just point, aim, and shoot.

• Where is the data? You do know regardless of the law, criminals will still break it, which is what makes them criminals. So if the law biding citizens do give up their guns, then the criminals have sitting ducks.

• I could tell they all got a little wet.
    Even the guy. Lol!!!

• Yeah

• S E L F P R O T E C T I O N

• i think this is really weird...

• Yes as a Moderate Democrat all people should have the right to bare arms but what about the guns getting into the wrong hands of people
    who slip through the system?

• it's not a perfect world, that much we can all agree on.

• I give these 2nd Amendment Deniers much credit for going to the gun range and trying it.
    Reminds me of the first time I had sex. I was really nervous because I thought only perverts were doing it. My target stayed perfectly still. My weapon went off way too soon and I missed the bulls eye. Right away I wanted to try it again.

• "perfectly still"

like a dead fish! lol

• Carp-e mortis, lol